Alex Galchenyuk: Sophmore Season point predictions

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
I think he hits at least 60 points. l see him as our main weapon as a PP forward. He's simply too good to be on the PP with our D and not put up points consistently.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
I see him scoring 30+g this season ... He has an absolute beast of a wrist shot and it starting hitting the net at the end of last season i think he continues where he left off

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I see him scoring 30+g this season ... He has an absolute beast of a wrist shot and it starting hitting the net at the end of last season i think he continues where he left off

This is a good point. We shouldn't expect 30G obviously, but you're right; he did start to improve his accuracy as the year went on (he scored a beauty in the PO).

If he can get his one timer going, we NEED to set him up in the old Kovalev Spot and let him rip shots on the powerplay (plus he can one-time to PK from that spot as well.)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
40-50

Sophomore slump is a thing. He'll start off slow, alter his game when teams key in on him and progress near the end.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
I hope Therrien takes the leash off, this has to happen before we even start discussing the amount points. And play him at center for the love of god... move Desharnais to wing or elsewhere (pref. elsewhere).

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
I picked the wrong choice that I meant to in the poll, but I think he'll maintain the status quo or even regress a bit.

Get this, though: it's a good thing. He'll make major improvements in his overall game and will warrant much heavier responsibilities, rendering his point production about equal (or slightly less), but he'll quickly adapt to tougher assignments and playing more regularly against top competition. The season or two after that will be his huge breakout year.

I see him improving astronomically, from sheltered 3rd line winger/centre to star top-line centre in no more than three years.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I really hope Therrien is going to cut down on some of Gionta and DD's PP time to gve it to Eller and Chuckie. They're both deserving and would help Chuckie's production, I wasn't sure what option to take in this poll. It really depends how he's used.

Gagnonov

Jun 9, 2013
Montreal
45-60 points. Good PP time and regular second line rotation should get him going.. With Eller improving both production-wise and physically, that should give Chucky enough space to maneuver. Assuming they play together.

attachetatuque

un gros bonhomme!
Feb 1, 2013
With top 6 minutes, I'm pretty sure this stud could bang in a solid, say, 55-65 points next season

With third line minutes, probably around 35-45

BubbleGumPlant

Jul 2, 2012
I'll be a pessimist and say he will have a shoulder injury and play only 68 games registering 18 goals and 25 assists for 43 pts.

Saintpatrick*

If MT gives him 3rd line minutes status quo. If he takes his head out of his behind, gives DD 3rd line minutes and gives Galy top 6 time I say he improves.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I think he gets moved to center, his production takes a dip because of increased defensive responsibilities. He turns it on to finish the year as he figures it all out. Just over 40 points.

On the other hand, I think he'll come in to camp stronger, faster, more confident, and backed with the wealth of experience he gained last year playing in 97 games at a variety of levels. He could just take off.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Galchenyuk is still young. I'll just keep expectations low for now and wait and see.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
In his last 13 games, he did 12 points.
Same applies to OHL, he got better ppg later in the season.

60+ points is certainly possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->