Alex Galchenyuk named second best prospect (Beaulieu #24, Gallagher #49)

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Gallagher at 49 of 50. Really?

I don't think it ridiculous as far as "prospects" go. He was never the "gotta have" prospect, which is usually the way this ranking system goes. Not to mention he is about to graduate from the prospect ranking.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I don't think it ridiculous as far as "prospects" go. He was never the "gotta have" prospect, which is usually the way this ranking system goes. Not to mention he is about to graduate from the prospect ranking.

Maybe before he got drafted, i'd understand. Since he's been playing he's in the Calder discussion now so why is he still so low on the list?

There are several other prospects that don't seem to make sense as to where they are. Time will tell but at least BGally has shown he's a top prospect right now.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Its based on potential career-wise.

Galchenuk 'could be' a 80-100pts player if we check that list.
But Gallagher at the end a 40-60pts player.

hogtownhabsfan*

Defensive defenseman get severely underrated. Tinordi should be in the mix too.

hogtownhabsfan*

Classic overrating of "skill" and draft position going on.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I wonder how Detroit feels about how their over-ripened fruit isn't as highly ranked as they like to tell everybody they are.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I watched Galchenyuk skate as a 16 year old in the OHL. He was a dynamic skater and never thought that Montreal would ever be in a position to draft him. He's not yet shown that type of skating after the knee injury and surgery. But that's to be expected. It sometimes takes a full year for a player to recover full use and strength of the joint after surgery. I expect that next year, with additional time for his knee to strengthen and, of course, his being one year older, we will see a very special player.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Maybe before he got drafted, i'd understand. Since he's been playing he's in the Calder discussion now so why is he still so low on the list?

There are several other prospects that don't seem to make sense as to where they are. Time will tell but at least BGally has shown he's a top prospect right now.
He's almost 21, three years older than a lot of the players on that list. That's at least a partial explanation.

No doubt he's shown that he can be an effective player in the NHL though, 49 is low for what he's shown this year.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Gallagher at 49 of 50. Really?

Polls like this come with a lot of bias from the people compiling it.

Its just like the NCAA Football rankings to determine who will play for the National Championship.

It makes for an interesting read about "opinions" but is not really worth the bandwidth that it consumes when it comes to future reality.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Its based on potential career-wise.

Galchenuk 'could be' a 80-100pts player if we check that list.
But Gallagher at the end a 40-60pts player.

No, it's still a bogus ranking. Gallagher has proven himself in the rookie class this season, which is what that article is promoting. He should be a top 10 , plus I named my new dog Gallagher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad