Alex Forsberg Demands Trade From Cougars

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Forsberg did not return to the Cougars after the Christmas break and has demanded a trade. Another great job developing players by Dean Clark.

The whole management group in PG is horrible. Honestly, it is just a tax writeoff for the owners. I am a Blazer fan that is now living up in PG. I would love to go to games other than when the Blazers come, but there really isn't any reason. Tickets are WAY to expensive too. When your team is this bad consistently there is no demand.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
This Prince George team is just incosistent and to be honest lack character. None of these guys when you watch them play seem dedciated to the team. Watching the team collapse from a 3-0 lead going into the third shows a lot. I don't blame Alex for wanting to leave Prince George.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Hopefully he can find some success somewhere else, his stock has dropped dramatically the last year.

two years ago he wanted special status to play as a 15yr old. Seems like he is demanding a trade now. Hopefully he is not an attitude.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This Prince George team is just inconsistent and to be honest lack character. None of these guys when you watch them play seem dedicated to the team. Watching the team collapse from a 3-0 lead going into the third shows a lot. I don't blame Alex for wanting to leave Prince George.

Majority of the team, probably, but not with Bourke and he hasn't demanded a trade or anything like that. Also Alex isn't the hardest worker on the ice and his defensive game is basically trash. I'm not saying that Prince George is good by any means, but he (A. Forsberg) deserves majority of the blame in this situation. The rest goes to the poor management, but in reality what is Prince George supposed to do? They drafted him first overall in 2010 (Jesse was 11th in 2008) hoping he can change their losing ways and both of them now demanded a trade. I would give Prince George the blame from their history, but they have produced quite a bit of NHL talent and good NHL talent to boot.

Glad they at least drafted Harkins who should bring some thunder back.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Majority of the team, probably, but not with Bourke and he hasn't demanded a trade or anything like that. Also Alex isn't the hardest worker on the ice and his defensive game is basically trash. I'm not saying that Prince George is good by any means, but he (A. Forsberg) deserves majority of the blame in this situation. The rest goes to the poor management, but in reality what is Prince George supposed to do? They drafted him first overall in 2010 (Jesse was 11th in 2008) hoping he can change their losing ways and both of them now demanded a trade. I would give Prince George the blame from their history, but they have produced quite a bit of NHL talent and good NHL talent to boot.

Glad they at least drafted Harkins who should bring some thunder back.

this was thrown out there by IamtheLiquor as well in another thread and is simply not true and definitely not lately.

Producing is drafting and developing NHL talent and the last guy was Connolly, before him?

Marincin and Bourke might turn out, same with Tyrell.

Before that, and under a different regime, it was Big Buff but man the cupboard is really thin if you look at actual producing of players for the NHL.

Oct 15, 2008
this was thrown out there by IamtheLiquor as well in another thread and is simply not true and definitely not lately.

Producing is drafting and developing NHL talent and the last guy was Connolly, before him?

Marincin and Bourke might turn out, same with Tyrell.

Before that, and under a different regime, it was Big Buff but man the cupboard is really thin if you look at actual producing of players for the NHL.

You might want to look at what other WHL teams have produced "NHL talent" before you go spreading more nonsense.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
You might want to look at what other WHL teams have produced "NHL talent" before you go spreading more nonsense.

Really?

I gave a list of players that goes back around 10 years pretty small listing there, at best average for the W.

Probably the best indication is what NHL scouts think.

Ignore the 1st guy he is from PG's BCJHL team.

http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/whl/prince-george/cougars/225/history/2012-2006/0/

so in 7 years they have actually produced

2-1-1st
2nd
3rd
2-6ths
2-7ths

Average draft position for 8 players has been 107th

The current regime also isn't gaining traction for making Prince George the model organization in the W either.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think talent Prince George has produced compared to how much they're bashed and their history, is pretty outstanding.

Even though I have defended Prince George, they're main problem is management (which I think we can all agree on). Because in a city like they are in, they have to have winning ways and a great coaching staff (IE: Portland)to attract their drafts pick and other players to play for them and to make the trip to tryout. But again, why would any solid coach, management want to coach Prince George when other options (probably better) are available?

lovetowatch

Feb 19, 2012
airdie
cougs future

i hope the cougars make a trade for a younger player 18 or younger. they had the best draft picks out of anyone over the summer including jansen harkins, brad morrison and tate olson all of whom could potentially go in the first round to the nhl. it will be interesting to see how this club builds around these guys

hefsbeaver

Jun 20, 2009
this is what you get when the owners give the gm job to his son in law and leave him in the front office even though he cant put together a winning product. Heven forbid we actually get a hockey brain in to run the organization. We here in PG have proven you put a decent product on the ice and we will come out in droves, you keep putting family in front of the product on the ice and this is the kind of **** that happens. Brodsky should sell this team the new owners should put a good hockey mind in charge and it will once again become one of the hardest tickets to come by in canada. The last time we had a true hockey mind in charge (stan Buttler) was when we had players like Chara and brewer and hamhuis on our back end it was a packed house every night. Now we get spoiled little ****** like the Forsbergs and Prab Rai who think they are too good to play here, this managment team is horrid

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
well done PG... didn't trade him before the deadline... make him sit in Junior A now... i love it!!!!... before the season he was a possible NHL 1st rounder... now hes stuck in Junior A unless he stops being a baby and comes back to PG

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
this is what you get when the owners give the gm job to his son in law and leave him in the front office even though he cant put together a winning product. Heven forbid we actually get a hockey brain in to run the organization. We here in PG have proven you put a decent product on the ice and we will come out in droves, you keep putting family in front of the product on the ice and this is the kind of **** that happens. Brodsky should sell this team the new owners should put a good hockey mind in charge and it will once again become one of the hardest tickets to come by in canada. The last time we had a true hockey mind in charge (stan Buttler) was when we had players like Chara and brewer and hamhuis on our back end it was a packed house every night. Now we get spoiled little ****** like the Forsbergs and Prab Rai who think they are too good to play here, this managment team is horrid

AMEN to that

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Do the Blades have anything left to trade?;)

I end up in P.G quite often and its kind of sad how little interest there is for the Cougars. Once the novelty of having a WHL team wore off its stayed away. My son lives there and is a huge hockey fan but rarely goes anymore because the atmosphere is dull. Aso said the last game he attended was "bring your dog" night and a section was cordoned off for people with mutts. Is that the best whim they could come up with?

I hope they find a solution because when i'm not on the road the Cougars are geographically, at least, my "home team".

H44

Aug 31, 2011
well done PG... didn't trade him before the deadline... make him sit in Junior A now... i love it!!!!... before the season he was a possible NHL 1st rounder... now hes stuck in Junior A unless he stops being a baby and comes back to PG

This comment is pathetic!:shakehead

Warman1976

Jan 22, 2013
Did not return

Pretty sure this was not a hockey move at all. Young forsberg chose to return after his older brother the captain asked for a trade over the summer. So he returned, to probably a difficult situation, to desperate owners. On the hockey side Hard to tell how that group ends up but there a close bunch in age and experience and improving with time. In his draft year, choosing junior a is not a play at all and your not going to choose to not play unless there is some reason and it must be a last choice. Bottom line is this was more than a hockey move, and probably not a hockey move at all. All we have is what the team said in the media and makes me wonder why you would release that to the media while you were trying to market the player, unless you weren't, but rather trying to keep a lid on the real issues.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Let's be honest, PG have never been good for anything, the only reason why they have had good players play for them is because they suck, and every year they get high bantam and euro draft picks, so of course they will stumble onto the odd good player, nothing else.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Let's be honest, PG have never been good for anything, the only reason why they have had good players play for them is because they suck, and every year they get high bantam and euro draft picks, so of course they will stumble onto the odd good player, nothing else.

There is a thing called development.

afrobomber11

May 23, 2010
Flin Flon Manitoba
he hasnt been particularly good in junior a, in my 2 game sample of seeing him play he lacked intensity, and absolutly got belted by josh roach playing with his head down, he eventually got a garbage goal but really didnt accomplish much

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
he hasnt been particularly good in junior a, in my 2 game sample of seeing him play he lacked intensity, and absolutly got belted by josh roach playing with his head down, he eventually got a garbage goal but really didnt accomplish much

Maybe that's cause he doesn't want to be there.

Glen Erickson

Oct 16, 2005
Maybe that's cause he doesn't want to be there.
I ask this based on my two- to three-year sample size: Do you have any thoughts on why it seemed as though Alex never brought Jesse's intensity to the ice?
I just wonder how intensity might aid a player's development?
In my experience, elite guys who perhaps believe they can coast, don't tend to maintain elite status for long. They also are seldom sought after by other teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad