Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] Alex Edler has signed a 2 year extension with the Canucks ($6M AAV)

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
You are not the only one. If you go to CDC you will find the real Canuck fans. Hf is a cess pool of negativity perpetrated by trolls.

True, CDC has gotten much better over the years, and CanucksCorner has always been great.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Am I the only one who doesn't think Jim Benning is a bad GM?

giphy.gif

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I'm sure that's what he wanted. I guess he would rather be in Vancouver then anywhere else because when push came to shove he backed off the demand.

Could very well be we came up money wise to shorten the term. Either way, this is a perfect deal. We don't have to protect him, and if he's still a solid player two years from now, we can just ink another deal.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
This is absolutely perfect. Avoids the expansion issue by putting everything in Edler's hands for that summer. Lets the Canucks keep a really important veteran piece of their blueline to hold things together until the replacements can be found and developed. $6M doesn't concern me at all. He was fine value at $5M, and this obviously isn't a far cry from that...especially with cap expansion since he signed that deal.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
What I'm wondering is why a guy who loves Vancouver is so against going to Seattle. Isn't it just down the road?
Seattle is an amazing city, I love going there, but it is a much different city than Vancouver. Depending on what you like, it would be easy to have a personal preference.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
The deal we should have given Marleau.
Hey, you guys already got a sweet hometown discount and signing with Tavares, so that more than makes up for that.

Seems like each GM, expect the elite ones, sign at least one or two stupid UFA contracts that really hamstring the team.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
This is a pretty much perfect deal for both sides. Front load the deal for 2 years, let it expire to avoid the expansion draft, resign him at a lower salary when we are more competitive and can use the cap. Glad both sides met in the middle on this one.

Nazzlind

Sep 9, 2010
Lower Mainland
The difference is they could have focused on actually improving the team.
Instead of vilifying Edler as a bad guy who just wanted a commitment from the only team he’s ever played for, maybe we should focus on the consistent incompetence of management to get no brainers done.

Edler clearly never wanted to leave, he’s constantly stated so. Championing this around as some big win because Dim finally got a no brainer contract done is just typical for how low the bar is around Canucks nation.
How do you know they aren't focusing on other things while also focusing on Edler's situation? You do know you can focus on more than 2 things at once right? And re-signing Edler does improve the team lol

Regardless, you bashed Jim for not getting this done earlier but you never answered how you knew this could've been done earlier.

I also find it ironic how you're calling out pro-Benning fans for championing around everything he does while you're coming off as a Benning hater that has to find fault in everything he does.

and for the record, not like it matters, but I'm not a Benning fan myself

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Some people just get into a real comfort zone, and don’t like change at all. It’s a stress or anxiety thing I think. Also, like its been mentioned, his wife is from here, and young family, so it makes sense to me.

I take the same shift at work, even though everyone thinks I’m crazy because I could get much better work and more hours/pay because of seniority. But I like it and know it. It’s weird that it bothers my coworkers more than me :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad