Alex DeBrincat vs Kyle Connor

Who do you take moving forward

• Total voters

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Conner for me as both are great offensively but when ones 5'7" and other is 6'1" you take the bigger guy. Size does matter sometimes not always when all else is close you gotta take the bigger guy when the smaller one is that small.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
If I had to select one player, I would select Alex DeBrincat,.

When we compare production between Kyle Connor and Alex DeBrincat, we are able to see they have similar offensive output.

GP = Games Played G = Goals A = Assists P = Points P/G = Points Per Games +/- = Plus/minus

Kyle Connor (21 years old):

GPGAPP/G+/-
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Alex DeBrincat (20 years old):
GPGAPP/G+/-
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

To look closer into their offensive stats, we would have to look at their team's offensive production throughout the season. Winnipeg was second in the league for scoring with 277 goals. Chicago was 22nd in the league for scoring with 229 goals, which means Winnipeg scored 48 more goals.

I would select Alex DeBrincat since he is younger and has similar production.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Jets fan here saying Debrincat.. Both are great talents though.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
What line was Connor used on for the most part of last season? (Genuinely asking) DeBrincat was on the third line for most of his season with a rotating cast of people with the odd games in the top 6.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Conner for me as both are great offensively but when ones 5'7" and other is 6'1" you take the bigger guy. Size does matter sometimes not always when all else is close you gotta take the bigger guy when the smaller one is that small.

Well maybe you haven't heard of Martin St.louis, Henri Richard, Marcel Dione or Theoren Fleury but they were decent players for their size.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
What line was Connor used on for the most part of last season? (Genuinely asking) DeBrincat was on the third line for most of his season with a rotating cast of people with the odd games in the top 6.
He spent the majority of his top on the top line with Scheifele and Wheeler (50%). That includes PP and SH minutes.

Debrincat never spent more than 10% of his time with any one group, the majority of his time being with Hartman, Sharp, Duclair, Toews, Saad.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Connor played with Scheifele and Wheeler most of the time. I think that gives Debrincat the edge for now.

Reactions: DRW204

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Man I loved DeBrincat and wanted us to draft him that year but I'm not sure I'd take him over Connor. They are right in the same wheelhouse though.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
At the beginning of the year I would have easily said Connor. But, DB and his new chemistry with his old team mate Strome really have me picking him over Connor. Really similar players, was a hard choice for me as I really like the both of them.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
DeBrincat producing no matter what line he was on last season was definitely being overlooked by a decent chunk of people in this poll.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I was going to make a post saying how crazy the results are in this thread...but then realized it was made in the off-season.

It's pretty clearly Debrincat right now, I would think.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
how is the younger guy with more goals and the same amount of pts (in less games) losing this poll?

lots of jets fans on here i guess

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
how is the younger guy with more goals and the same amount of pts (in less games) losing this poll?

lots of jets fans on here i guess
Poll being made in the offseason and Cat producing no matter who he played with being overlooked is why.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->