Alex Chiasson

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Rangers fan here.

Kid is big at 6'4" but one site lists him as just 187lbs.

Is he that lanky?

Can he play the LW?

I think he would be a great fit on the Rangers playing opposite Marty St. Louis and a big reason for that is being a right handed shot.

Not going to make any proposals here as I don't get to see him all that often.

What do you think his upside is?

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
His weight has fluctuated this season as he went through a pretty significant illness that apparently resulted in 20 lbs of weight loss. He was already fairly lanky beforehand. He probably could add more bulk to his frame in the offseason, although he'd want to avoid getting too big and slowing down his skating as he can't afford much loss of foot speed.

He's played RW most of his career. I'm not sure what he'd look like on the left side.

His likely upside is 2nd line winger.

john skull

Jul 1, 2004
New York City
Yeah, he Def has some bulking up to do. He had some super nasty flu this year and dropped some weight. I think when he gets to an ideal weight and adjusts to the length of the nhl season 60 pts is possible. As far as him being traded I don't see it. Boston asked for him instead of Reily smith I believe and well, that didn't work out. I think stars would be looking for a real good dman in return.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
The 187 is from some point in his college days. His official weight is 205. For some reason Stars players listed heights and weights change depending on wear you look. It's annoying as hell. Some players even shrink and grow in height from one season to the next.

haf

Mar 3, 2008
The 187 is from some point in his college days. His official weight is 205. For some reason Stars players listed heights and weights change depending on wear you look. It's annoying as hell. Some players even shrink and grow in height from one season to the next.

yes it is. At 6'4" 205 is still pretty lanky.

aloonda*

he has a big enough frame to add some quality muscle still

he takes quite a few draws, is there any thought within the org to move him into center?

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Didn't know he killed penalties.

Hoping the 50+ point seasons start next year

Looks like you have two big talented wingers in Alex and Valeri

thanks for the replies and good luck with both kids

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Didn't know he killed penalties.

Hoping the 50+ point seasons start next year

Looks like you have two big talented wingers in Alex and Valeri

thanks for the replies and good luck with both kids

I think we sorely lack a high end center right now (behind Seguin) that would play well with Chiasson. Eakin's style doesn't seem like a good fit with Chiasson to me and I feel like the Stars would have to bring in a pretty good 2C for Chiasson to put up those numbers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad