Rumor: Alex Chiasson wants to remain an Oiler

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
Weren't there a few threads about how great Ty Rattie was with McDavid last year? This year he has fallen off the face of the earth. oilers need to be careful

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Weren't there a few threads about how great Ty Rattie was with McDavid last year? This year he has fallen off the face of the earth. oilers need to be careful
He hasn't just been playing with McDavid though.

He seems to have done will without McDavid as well.

We just can't afford to lose any more wing depth. Even if he only scores a dozen next year, we need him.

Now I'm not giving him 3 years at 3mil a year, but if you can get him 2 years around 1.5mil you have to keep him.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
You are threatning a trade as if that's a bad thing? Chiasson would probably welcome the trade out of Edmonton - going from hell to Valhalla.
You're in a thread titled "Alex Chiasson wants to remain an Oiler" and the OP is a link to this tweet:

Saying he would welcome a trade might be a little against the narrative...

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Good for him, finding a place where he's not fast enough to go offside because McDavid will always be ahead of him.

Edmonton is the third stop of his career (DAL, CGY, EDM) in which he has been united with Glen Gulutzan, who thinks he's a top 6 forward. And on Edmonton he actually is.

I never hated him but always thought he was playing too high the lineup in our top 9.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
It's sad he bounces so much. I liked him here, just didn't have the space for him. Dude is a solid bottom 6 guy .

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Oilers should offer him a short term near min deal. Knowing these clowns it will be an over pay and an over term.

1 year 1 Million

Take it or youre tradded at the TD

A small one year deal is what he should expect,he hasnt proven to be consistent enough to warrant anything longer

You guys would make great GMs. A guy who has been a trooper for a depressed, highly-ridiculed team publicly states he wants to re-sign and is rewarded with league minimum offers and take-it-or-leave-it threats. That's a great strategy for turning a low-key journeyman into a mouthpiece for negative PR.

For the sake of pure exhaustion at the Oilers ineptitude, I hope their management is able to look past the video game reality that they seem to operate in and present his camp with 3 or 4 contract options that push him in the direction of something like a 4 year deal.

To simplify, suggest something like 1 x $3M while citing tight cap space and leads on signing a top UFA so as not to offend him but then put something boilerplate in ink on the table like an unconditional 4 x 1.5 along with something like 1.2 x 4 that is front-loaded with a signing bonus and includes a NMC for the first 2 years. Chances are, Chiasson opts for stability and that sweet sweet NHL per diem and insurance package that comes along with living the life of an NHLer for 4 guaranteed years. In return, the Oilers get a professional cheerleader who is at worst a veteran bottom sixer signed to fair market value who can move up and down the line up while also getting the positive PR that comes with a veteran signing a long-term deal at a discount despite coming off a career year.

Reactions: uncleben

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Living in Calgary I actually do.
Are you actually saying that Rattie, Kassian, and Puljujarv are better RW's than Chiasson? LOL. Thats good one!
He definitely is, his competitions Kassian, Rattie and Puljujarvi.
Yea, I guess if you go by his bio
Could of sworn he's played LW with McDavid/Draisaitl alternating between C/RW.......

RNH should be playing LW with McDavid/Draisaitl for an extended period but he's bounced all over the place.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
If the Oilers are sellers at the deadline he's one of the few good movable assets. It's a tough business and I feel crappy for Chiasson having to move around so much the past few years. But if he's committed to wanting to play in Edmonton it's in the organizations and even his better interest to get something of value for him come trade deadline.

If he resigns I could forgive managment for giving him a bit of term and overpay a bit. And I'd respect Chiasson immensely for making the sacrifice.

Also if he can find a better deal in the offseason I wouldn't talk down about him one bit for doing that.

The Oilers new management will need all the help they can get to dig out from the disaster ChiaTurd has left behind.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Keep it around 1-1.2 million and I’m fine with it. He’s been a pleasant surprise on an overall dog turd of a season...again.

I’d like him much more if we didn’t have Kassian, Rattie, etc.

What I mean is, if we had ACTUAL top 6 forwards and Chaisson could slot in below that. Let’s not kid ourselves. Connor Mcdavid could make me a 10 goal scorer in the NHL

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Keep it around 1-1.2 million and I’m fine with it. He’s been a pleasant surprise on an overall dog turd of a season...again.

I’d like him much more if we didn’t have Kassian, Rattie, etc.

What I mean is, if we had ACTUAL top 6 forwards and Chaisson could slot in below that. Let’s not kid ourselves. Connor Mcdavid could make me a 10 goal scorer in the NHL
The thing is, over his career he's averaged 28 points per 82 games and he's reliable defensively. No one should be able tough him for under $2m IMO. that said, I thought he should be signed long before he was the past 2 summers

Reactions: uncleben

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->