Alex Broadhurst

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Broadhurst is 20 so there's no reason why he would be returned to juniors.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
He has 9pts (3g 6a) in 10GP and is a +5 and this impressive performance is acceleratong after the initoal first few games where he was not used as a featured top minutes and go to guy...but now it is clear he has earned that new status with his plau...I predicted he would be a better prospect to impact than the much more ballyhooed first rounders McNeill and Danault...it would not surprise me to see Alex called up to the Hawks and given a chance at the 2C spot where there has been so much FAIL to make the 2nd line click..I think he might be that Solution they are looking for.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
He has 9pts (3g 6a) in 10GP and is a +5 and this impressive performance is acceleratong after the initoal first few games where he was not used as a featured top minutes and go to guy...but now it is clear he has earned that new status with his plau...I predicted he would be a better prospect to impact than the much more ballyhooed first rounders McNeill and Danault...it would not surprise me to see Alex called up to the Hawks and given a chance at the 2C spot where there has been so much FAIL to make the 2nd line click..I think he might be that Solution they are looking for.

Agreed- I have limited viewings of A. B-Hurst. Can you give me a scouting report?
Looks like better than average skating, good IQ, good position, good playmaker.
Weaknesses?

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Agreed- I have limited viewings of A. B-Hurst. Can you give me a scouting report?
Looks like better than average skating, good IQ, good position, good playmaker.
Weaknesses?

First, just to counter Fiddy's wrongness.. Alex has been playing in Rockford's top-6 for most of the season and has gotten consistent PP time. He was playing with Pirri on the top line before Pirri was recalled, and is currently playing with his brother Terry and Garrett Ross. The Hogs don't really have a top line with Pirri and Morin up, but the top-9 is:

Nordstrom - LeBlanc - Hayes
Ross - A.Broadhurst - T.Broadhurst
Winchester - Danault - McNeill
Brookbank - Froese - Shalunov

As for Alex, I saw a lot of him in London last year. He's a good passer, with above-average playmaking and vision and he has good offensive instincts. I'd say he's a touch above-average skater and he has a good (not great) shot. His weakness is just that - he's not very strong. His physical game (board battles, strength on the puck, etc) isn't great, but at the same time, I wouldn't say he's a perimeter player. He's not an in-your-face, non-stop motor kind of player. He relies on his positioning and awareness to disrupt plays defensively, and apply pressure on the defending team offensively.

And no, he's not that close to being NHL ready. I think he could have an NHL future as a top-6 skater, but he'll need at least a couple years in the AHL (including this one) before the Hawks can really see what they have in him.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
First, just to counter Fiddy's wrongness.. Alex has been playing in Rockford's top-6 for most of the season and has gotten consistent PP time. He was playing with Pirri on the top line before Pirri was recalled, and is currently playing with his brother Terry and Garrett Ross. The Hogs don't really have a top line with Pirri and Morin up, but the top-9 is:

Nordstrom - LeBlanc - Hayes
Ross - A.Broadhurst - T.Broadhurst
Winchester - Danault - McNeill
Brookbank - Froese - Shalunov

As for Alex, I saw a lot of him in London last year. He's a good passer, with above-average playmaking and vision and he has good offensive instincts. I'd say he's a touch above-average skater and he has a good (not great) shot. His weakness is just that - he's not very strong. His physical game (board battles, strength on the puck, etc) isn't great, but at the same time, I wouldn't say he's a perimeter player. He's not an in-your-face, non-stop motor kind of player. He relies on his positioning and awareness to disrupt plays defensively, and apply pressure on the defending team offensively.

And no, he's not that close to being NHL ready. I think he could have an NHL future as a top-6 skater, but he'll need at least a couple years in the AHL (including this one) before the Hawks can really see what they have in him.

Thx- how would you rank the skating of these guys- please include the prospects in College like Hino, Motte, Louis, K. Hayes

I have TT, Danault, Nordstrom-- then ???

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Thx- how would you rank the skating of these guys- please include the prospects in College like Hino, Motte, Louis, K. Hayes

I have TT, Danault, Nordstrom-- then ???

Teravainen's the best all-round skater; speed, agility, edge-work. I think Danault has the best straight-line speed, and Nordstrom's just a hair behind him.

I haven't seen enough of Motte, Louis or Hinostroza, but quite a few scouting reports I've read have Hinostroza as an above-average skater (speed, agility, etc). Motte and Louis both looked like good skaters in the limited USA-U18 highlights I've seen.

K.Hayes has improved his skating since being drafted, and most of that has come from bettering his core strength and balance. He'll never be a blazing fast player, but his improvements in his balance have improved his stride and his overall skating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad