Alex Bourret

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
What kind of style does this kid play? Who would you compare him too? What type of NHL numbers do you think he will post? Where should he be drafted?

Sorry for creating so many topics, but I've havent been following the draft that much this year.

boby

Oct 3, 2004
The best picture for Bourret is:

Darcy Tucker with more talent,for Bourret is probably pick 8-9-10 maybe Montréal 5.

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
boby said:
The best picture for Bourret is:

Darcy Tucker with more talent,for Bourret is probably pick 8-9-10 maybe Montréal 5.

Do you really think that Bourret has more talent then Tucker? Don't forget what Tucker did while he was in junior.

Macman

May 15, 2004
I've only seen Bourret a couple of times but I was impressed. He reminded me of Wendel Clark with better wheels.

TRask

Dec 8, 2003
Halifax
Yeah, wendel clark is a good comparision. Ive only seen Bourett at the chl prospects game and at that Q vs the russians 2 game series.

Both the Russian games he was probably the best player on the ice and in the prospects game he was extreamily good, but Brule kinda stole a bit of his thunder with that hat trick of his :p:

Not to mention Bourett absolutely leveled one guy in the first period and put him outta the game...Bobby Ryan if memory serves me right(Who isnt no slouch himself)
:yo:

Hi-wayman

Feb 28, 2002
Surrey
Visit site
Actually, the best comparison to Bourret I've seen so far was by another poster on the Canuck's forum when Bourret was compared to a young Stan Smyl. A short, stocky tank of a player that plays hard, loves open ice hits, is good along the boards and has above average, but not elite scoring touch. More likely to get as much garbage goals as finese shots. Theo Fleury, in his prime, was a poor man's Stan Smyl. Theo had the same tenacity, attitude and skills as Smyl, but not the body bulk Smyl had and Bourret also has. From what I've seen of Bourret, I'd say Bourret is a slightly better skater than Smyl was at the same age, but Smyl had a slightly better hockey sense than Bourret has. Smyl was an ultimate team player & was also good in the defensive zone, but I have no idea about Bourret's attitude & skills are in those areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad