Player Discussion Alex Biega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Meh for meh. Look at the defensmen around the league that got waived last week. Tons way better. Depth D are a dime a dozen.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I’m happy for Biega.

Perfect type of player you can sit in your press box and know exactly what you’re going to get whether he’s sat a week or a month.

I don’t think Fantenberg is better and we don’t know how he’ll react to infrequent play.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Few Dmen can go a long time in between NHL games and be able to step right in and seemingly not miss a beat. Biega is one of them. Hope Biega can continue to carve out an NHL career.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Meh for meh. Look at the defensmen around the league that got waived last week. Tons way better. Depth D are a dime a dozen.
I took your advice and looked at some of 'dime a dozen' , right-side d-men who ended up on waivers. If the Canucks had actually claimed any of this flotsam and jetsam, they'd have to kept him on the active roster. This would have meant that in addition to Goldy, Baertschi and Biega, somebody else would have needed to be shipped out.

Fact is, right-side d-men who can actually fill in as a 6- 7 on the depth chart are as scarce as hen's teeth. There has to be something like a trade on the horizon. All the Canucks have on the right side are the chronically injured Tanev; Myers, Fantenberg and Stecher. There's really nobody who's ready in Utica.

So I'm guessing Benning might not be done dealing. It's a scary thought. But there it is.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
So 31 GMs along with their pro scouts are wrong and your assessment is correct?

2 waiver claims this season so far. Only AZ added a contract as Winnipeg was in and out losing Comrie but adding a D.

There are other factors teams consider. After the summer they are pretty much all done shopping. And they have to manage their 50 contract limit.

Not surprised he cleared.

Did you notice how few players were claimed this waiver period?

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Good night sweet prince.

The Bulldog deserves a real shot. Best of luck in Detroit.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I ain’t saying nothing anymore. Peace out and I’ll see you on the next GDT

Well that surely has us all shocked. Biega is about as good of a depth defenseman you can find. No one is saying he’s the best thing to ever come upon this league but he’s perfectly fine in his role and for some reason we traded that away.

how long before Benning is saying he needs to get a depth defenseman because our current ones are no good and can’t fill in when injuries inevitably hit?

Reactions: vanuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->