Player Discussion Alex Biega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Of course he is, he's been very good all season long. Should 100% be in the lineup if this was a meritocracy.

Only defenders to outperform him really this year are Edler and Tanev. Clearly has been the teams "most physical" defender this year too, he's a good 3rd pairing energy guy that can give you 15-18 quality minutes.

Reactions: PunkRockLocke

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Of course he is, he's been very good all season long. Should 100% be in the lineup if this was a meritocracy.

Only defenders to outperform him really this year are Edler and Tanev. Clearly has been the teams "most physical" defender this year too, he's a good 3rd pairing energy guy that can give you 15-18 quality minutes.
What? Do people still think Edler is a good defenseman? He doesn't play at a 100% level because his back is shit, he's scared to go after the puck on the forecheck because he's going to get hit in the back and might break it. Don't believe me? Watch.

Everything Edler does is slow because he's worried about his back. He needs to go and I wouldn't re-sign him for minimum salary. Del Zotto and Gudbranson are better than him, that's hard facts.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
What? Do people still think Edler is a good defenseman? He doesn't play at a 100% level because his back is ****, he's scared to go after the puck on the forecheck because he's going to get hit in the back and might break it. Don't believe me? Watch.

Everything Edler does is slow because he's worried about his back. He needs to go and I wouldn't re-sign him for minimum salary. Del Zotto and Gudbranson are better than him, that's hard facts.
You forgot the [/sarcasm]

Anyways, Biega has been a solid depth guy. No issue with him.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
What? Do people still think Edler is a good defenseman? He doesn't play at a 100% level because his back is ****, he's scared to go after the puck on the forecheck because he's going to get hit in the back and might break it. Don't believe me? Watch.

This is simply one of the most laughably out of touch with reality posts I've seen on this forum. They're no words to describe how poor your opinion is, Erik Gudbranson really? Yikes.

Reactions: sunnyvale420

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I don’t think Biega is here to score anyways, so his goal production is probably the least of our worries. It’s not like he is getting fed PP minutes.

He’s the only one who truly shows compete every night despite the score or team, yet he always is the odd man out. I think he is a solid bottom pairing defensemen.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Often times he's the most physical defender on the team, a tireless spitfire. Hard to not like the guy.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Easily the best bang for our buck on the team at 750k.

Far more effective player than Erik "Good Jawline" Gubranson.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

You had me at Hello.

then lost me at "Del Zotto and Gudbranson are better than him. "

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I don’t think Biega is here to score anyways, so his goal production is probably the least of our worries. It’s not like he is getting fed PP minutes.

He’s the only one who truly shows compete every night despite the score or team, yet he always is the odd man out. I think he is a solid bottom pairing defensemen.

I sure didn't expect him to have triple the points of Troy Stecher.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
You forgot the [/sarcasm]

Anyways, Biega has been a solid depth guy. No issue with him.

This is simply one of the most laughably out of touch with reality posts I've seen on this forum. They're no words to describe how poor your opinion is, Erik Gudbranson really? Yikes.
People still think Edler is a top 4 defenceman. Wow. Only when Tanev is carrying his ass.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016

giphy.gif

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Biega isn't a good dman, and maybe the 'worst' on the team, but the others aren't exactly playing like it. Biega is a perfect example of working for his spot every single night, and there is no way I'd sit him over Del Zotto/Pouliot/Hutton. It's not even that I think they're bad or don't have potential, but they don't play anywhere near the intensity that little Biega does. They can take turns sitting for a few games until one of them learn something.

I'm not even someone who advocates benching players unless they really suck or really aren't trying, but Biega works so hard and makes do while the others look weak every single night. Biega deserves that ice time more than them right now. Plus he had a nice assist and got some shots through last night.

Personally, after Hartnell facewashed Stetcher and MDZ I would have sat Del Zotto. They just looked at him and did nothing, just like the Canucks that night. This isn't game 7 of the finals when you're desperate for a power play to get into the game, this is a regular season 7-1 loss at home. Absolutely embarrassing, and he's a vet. Stetcher disappointed me there as well but not as much as Del Zotto. However, Hutton really needs to stop getting walked. He's a big boy too, but I can't remember the last time I saw him make a hit.

I don't mean for this to be off topic, but what I'm trying to say that Biega is more deserving of a spot than half of our defence, and is an example of how hard they should be working.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

Imagine this being the hill you die on. Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->