Prospect Info: Alex Beaucage, RW/LW, 78th Overall

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Good start for him with 15 Goals (24points) in 19 games.

I was on hand at that game last saturday.

Beaucage ended up with 2 goals and the runaway 1st star of the game. Far and away the best player on the ice that afternoon.

The skating needs work but he's smart and controls the play. Huge threat with his shot and passing on the power play. It doesn't help that they were playing the hapless Armada who continually kept leaving the middle of the ice open while the Huskies were on the PP for cross-ice passes. I thought Beaucage looked pretty good for a 3rd round pick.

The Armada are in for a long season.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Someone call Brayden Point's skating coach.
Point had a decent amount of talent in juniors, I remember calling him a two-way Daniel Briere before he was draft. Now I don't think his defensive game has develop as immensely as it was in juniors, but he had a great amount of anticipation IQ which made him become really strong in that area.

It will be interesting to see how Beaucage develops because as we all saw during the rookie tournament, he is the exact opposite of a puck-carrying catalyst. He deferred it way too much to his teammates which limits his time and space. Now picture how useless he will be in the NHL at this current point of time considering how little space and time you're given.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Point had a decent amount of talent in juniors, I remember calling him a two-way Daniel Briere before he was draft. Now I don't think his defensive game has develop as immensely as it was in juniors, but he had a great amount of anticipation IQ which made him become really strong in that area.

It will be interesting to see how he develops because as we all saw during the rookie tournament, he is the exact opposite of a puck-carrying catalyst. He deferred it way too much to his teammates which limits his time and space. Now picture how useless he will be in the NHL at this current point of time considering how little space and time you're given.

I would have loved to have Briere on the Avs when he was in his prime. Interesting comp.

I know we all love Timmins, but that last part is a deep down fear of mine with him. Obviously on a different level, but it just may be enough the neuter his ultimate upside. I should probably hide now. :baghead:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
For Beaucage it is all on his skating and pace. I have zero concerns on his ability to produce offense and goals. He's not going to be a 1st line, driving offense sort... but his shot and vision are pretty good. He's just such a terrible skater and when he has to play fast, the game just falls apart for him. There are serious flaws in his stride and probably some physical flaws in his build. He is a massive project to even get to low end NHL ability.

Reactions: S E P H

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
For Beaucage it is all on his skating and pace. I have zero concerns on his ability to produce offense and goals. He's not going to be a 1st line, driving offense sort... but his shot and vision are pretty good. He's just such a terrible skater and when he has to play fast, the game just falls apart for him. There are serious flaws in his stride and probably some physical flaws in his build. He is a massive project to even get to low end NHL ability.

Is his nick name already The Mule?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I prefer The Tortoise

Live look at Bednar at practice with "The Tortoise"

bgcq76q.gif

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
The best part about this clip is that it very clearly shows the very good and very bad in his game. :laugh:

Oh I agree, but with all the negative going around I was trying to bring back a post to talk about something else than injuries.

My Opinion : Big Hit or Bust with him. He can shoot like an NHL player but skates like my Grandma. Hopefully he can fix some of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad