Aleksander 'Sasha' Barkov - Part II

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Huh? He got his license like a year ago. Some of us have been driving for decades, and different types of vehicles.

Plus, being a professional hockey player, he probably has less time to play with his car than the average teenager.

I think he's basically indicating that Barkov is so good at hockey and basically a 'God' that even his driving skills are better than us mere mortals. Something along those lines.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Huh? He got his license like a year ago. Some of us have been driving for decades, and different types of vehicles.

Plus, being a professional hockey player, he probably has less time to play with his car than the average teenager.
Uh, no he got his license when he was 18 (or 4 years ago) and bought what he said was a nice 4 dr Coupe (no such thing). Then at age 20 he bought himself a sports car and his brother said it was one of the most powerful cars on the planet.

Besides Ice Hockey - Aleksander Barkov #16

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I think he's basically indicating that Barkov is so good at hockey and basically a 'God' that even his driving skills are better than us mere mortals. Something along those lines.
Yeah, he probably meant it that way. In reality high end driving skills have nothing to do with poor decisions. Dany Heatley found out the hard way and it was estimated he was going between 55-82 mph in a 35 zone. :(

Last edited:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Uh, no he got his license when he was 18 (or 4 years ago) and bought what he said was a nice 4 dr Coupe (no such thing). Then at age 20 he bought himself a sports car and his brother said it was one of the most powerful cars on the planet.

Besides Ice Hockey - Aleksander Barkov #16
That's his American license, I think he still needs a Finnish license (or needed, probably not anymore since he's spent so many years abroad) because he'd lived primarily here. Vice versa for Florida when he first went there, if he had his Finnish license by that point.

I don't recall if it's ever been publicly mentioned if Barkov has completed Finnish driving school or not, but there was enough time between his b-day and heading over to NA for training camp that he could've done it in 2013. You can do the theory exam and driving test on the same day if you get lucky with booked times.

Barkov is partnered with Ford Finland, so I'd guess he drives a Mustang (we don't get the fancy ones imported, Shelby etc.) or a Focus RS. I think the photo of him next to a Ford Edge is just for promotion purposes.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Isn´t the Mustang mostly called female muscle Car in US. Cause Mustang mostly driven by female driver.

I was looking around it the usual driving license with 18 in Finnland i expect when he leave the Land in September he doesnt have a driving license, maybe he made one a Year later, when he stayed the Summer in Tampere. And when Finnland have the usual driving test as most european State have the he know how to drive.

But when he live more and more in US and made the license here, then he can drive 1 Year in Finnland. Before make the own license test in Finnland.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
If he has his license from the US, it's possible he doesn't even know how to drive a stick shift :eek:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
If he has his license from the US, it's possible he doesn't even know how to drive a stick shift :eek:

You dont think he learned how to drive in Finland, where Id guess a good majority of the cars are manuals? Even though I lived in the US up until I was 30, I learned how to drive here in Greece, when I was 12, and the car was a stick shift.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl

LOL okay, he's had his license for more than a year but anyway. Time = skill? That's why every 30 year old hockey player is better than Barkov at hockey too? Read what Trochek says about Barkov excelling at everything he does. High IQ. Fast twitch muscle fibers. Passion for driving. Connect the dots.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHGoalie27

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
Isn´t the Mustang mostly called female muscle Car in US. Cause Mustang mostly driven by female driver.

I was looking around it the usual driving license with 18 in Finnland i expect when he leave the Land in September he doesnt have a driving license, maybe he made one a Year later, when he stayed the Summer in Tampere. And when Finnland have the usual driving test as most european State have the he know how to drive.

But when he live more and more in US and made the license here, then he can drive 1 Year in Finnland. Before make the own license test in Finnland.

It was definitely a female car in the late 90's early 2000's, but I think it is starting to lose that reputation. The new mustangs appeal way more to machismo rather than estrogen IMO. I really want a new model GT.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
You dont think he learned how to drive in Finland, where Id guess a good majority of the cars are manuals? Even though I lived in the US up until I was 30, I learned how to drive here in Greece, when I was 12, and the car was a stick shift.

I didn't know you moved to Greece! When'd that happen?

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I can understand the sudden change in speed limits as it's quite typical in rural parts of the USA. Many of the State or County Roads in Montana or Wyoming (where I spend my summers) are 70 mph once you leave the towns or hamlets. Eventually in 20 or 30 miles you run into another town where just outside the speed is reduced incrementally down to 25 mph as you go thru a tiny town that is not more than 200 to 300 yds long. I do quite a few road trips where I'm not familiar with what to expect just over the next hill or around the next curve. The point is you get to know what the routine is and adjust accordingly or the State Police or County Sheriff will nab you.

I've seen the pictures of the cars Barkov has owned and I know he likes powerful fast cars. He may not have been paying attention and that's the point. When the speed limit adjusts from 120 km/h to 100, then to 80, then to 60........you are given plenty of time to adjust once the 60 sign appears............he didn't. He got one last off season also.

I certainly don't classify him as being reckless driver but obviously ticket camera's are taking the place of many officer type speed traps and he should know the routine by now. Was he tricked? I doubt it. He was nailed because he wasn't going 15 to 25 km/h over the limit, he was going 45 km/h over. Not much traffic in the rural area towns and he saw no point in adjusting his speed downward and back up again all within a short distance. All it takes is one old timer or teen pulling out in front of you and you could swerve into on coming traffic or a tree. He needs to adhere or eventually his license will be suspended or fate will bite him in the arz and someone will pull out in front of him. ;)

ps: I see this site is breaking down again like around the draft. Obviously they haven't fixed the ability to handle the traffic.

I wouldn't call this a beast. I believe he only drives sponsor cars in Finland or has that changed?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I wouldn't call this a beast. I believe he only drives sponsor cars in Finland or has that changed?
Do you honestly think he uses that (or the Ford Edge he posed with in May this year for that matter) on a daily basis? It's a PR photo (because he is partnered with Ford after all), I think.

I could be wrong, but I don't see why a multi-millionaire would settle for a loan car. Barkov is humble, but not that humble.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Do you honestly think he uses that (or the Ford Edge he posed with in May this year for that matter) on a daily basis? It's a PR photo (because he is partnered with Ford after all), I think.

I could be wrong, but I don't see why a multi-millionaire would settle for a loan car. Barkov is humble, but not that humble.

Too many games coming out

Reactions: Chaos2k7

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida

I think he drives a BMW here. I remember seeing him drive off in one near the practice rink awhile back.

Backcheckmonster3

Aug 19, 2018
Selke season incoming... Would anyone honestly straight up trade him for Kopitar or Bergeron, or any other center not named McDavid?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->