Aleksander Barkov

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Oh, c'mon... are some of you really this lazy? Doing a simple search yields a ton of threads that can help you evaluate this question.

Here, lemme show you how it's done. Start from those.

But eh, you won't go through those anyway, so let's see... top-five draft pick. Ceiling: NHL first line centre forward. Comparison: Geno Malkin.

You're welcome.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Oh, c'mon... are some of you really this lazy? Doing a simple search yields a ton of threads that can help you evaluate this question.

Here, lemme show you how it's done. Start from those.

But eh, you won't go through those anyway, so let's see... top-five draft pick. Ceiling: NHL first line centre forward. Comparison: Geno Malkin.

You're welcome.

Let me get this straight: Lazy, like for example in that way that would actually test if the link they send works?

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Let me get this straight: Lazy, like for example in that way that would actually test if the link they send works?
It works for me.

EDIT: But if it works for no one else, let's put up a DIY version instead:

lYEP42W.jpg

See? It's no rocket science.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
It works for me.

EDIT: But if it works for no one else, let's put up a DIY version instead:

lYEP42W.jpg

See? It's no rocket science.

I think (I'm not sure, I haven't programmed this board) that it goes so that you can give a link to "perform a search with these conditions" to someone else, but you can't give the search results to someone else.

For example, I think this one works for you (searches for my earlier posts): http://hfboards.mandatory.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=44432

but I believe this one doesn't (the results of the previous query):
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/search.php?searchid=20137981

But yes, I do agree with you that people should use the search more.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
what is his potential ceiling and who is a good player comparison playing style wise?

thanks in advance

Big good 2 way center with pretty high scoring potentional.

I dont know about others, but I'd actually compare to Mikko Koivu. Probably Barkov has potentional for greater scoring, thought, if you look at SM-Liiga performance's for both players and think about their Points/Age "index" when playing here. Barkov might be bigger and better Mikko Koivu.

toewsintangibles

Leadership analyst
Dec 23, 2012
Barkov was measured at 6'2 ½ I think

Shame that only Canadian prospects continue to grow until their twenties.. :cry: :laugh:

I guess that we'll have to do with 6'2 which is still one of the biggest Finnish hockey prospects ever with actual potential

BULKinen

Mar 21, 2013
Barkov was measured at 6'2 ½ I think

Shame that only Canadian prospects continue to grow until their twenties.. :cry: :laugh:

I guess that we'll have to do with 6'2 which is still one of the biggest Finnish hockey prospects ever with actual potential

Armia and Ristolainen are taller than Barkov and both have a lot of potential. Mikko Koivu and Olli Jokinen are also 6'2-6'3 so Barkov's size isn't anything that special in Finnish hockey. Some posters here were hyping him and his size so much that I thought he was gonna be 6'8 and 350 lbs at the combine. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad