Aleksander Barkov with a Steazy Shootout Winner vs. Pens

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
This guy really needs to put a few dots over one of his vowels or add a few more 'i's somewhere so I stop forgetting that he's a Finn.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
What Barkov would do if the goalie would not buy his move to (his) left but cheat for the backhand? Take the puck to forehand and roof it to front corner?

Players have plans going into these situations, likely doesn't change it mid flight but if he does the odds of him making a mistake rises.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Players have plans going into these situations, likely doesn't change it mid flight but if he does the odds of him making a mistake rises.

Ya, mistake potential certainly rises, but guys like Barkov are looking for things like that as well. I remember Oshie saying he gets the puck in the same general position each time so he can be adaptable if need be; players rarely totally back themselves into a corner otherwise they just get pokechecked.

It's why goalies like Quick are fun to watch in the shootout because sometimes he's actually trying to juke the shooter with his weird ass movements :laugh: and consequently why he looks so terrible when one goes in.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
lol just skates away with his head down

gentle giant, complete opposite of Laine, no wonder the latter was more hyped

His mentor has forbidden raising arms above shoulder level. The red lamp is there for the audience.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

PucksOnNet

Nov 12, 2017
Ya, mistake potential certainly rises, but guys like Barkov are looking for things like that as well. I remember Oshie saying he gets the puck in the same general position each time so he can be adaptable if need be; players rarely totally back themselves into a corner otherwise they just get pokechecked.

It's why goalies like Quick are fun to watch in the shootout because sometimes he's actually trying to juke the shooter with his weird ass movements :laugh: and consequently why he looks so terrible when one goes in.

Saw him do this against Matthews on the 2nd penalty shot of the game a few weeks ago. Quick pretty much taunted Matthews into shooting high glove and Matthews missed high glove.

Quick is a breath of fresh air in a league where just about every goalie looks the exact same.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Steazy af

I scored a steazy goal like this once, it was with a wiffle ball and into the top corner, so it was a little less steazy and a little more steazy at the same time.

Reactions: Satan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad