Injury Report: Aleksander Barkov 10/19/19 (upper body?), day-to-day

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Rotoworld is just using Coop's in-game tweet and assuming they are injured because they both didn't play the 3rd or OT, nope, it's just the coach demanding accountability. Tro is the only guy who might not play, everyone else is in vs Pit.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Either Barkov injury cannot be worsened and he is just playing through pain, or he needs surgery to fix issue and they are delaying. Sports hernia or something. Either way there is basically no chance that he can worsen it by playing or that sitting out a few games will fix it.

I was thinking back injury, but after you said sports hernia, I started doing research and I think you're bang on. Very common injury. Top Notch player can probably play through it that they're not the worst player on the ice, but definitely noticeable. I would think that is why he's not taking faceoffs.

Very common hockey injury, and one of the main causes is from over usage.

Sports hernias impacting NHL players of all ages, including potential No. 1 pick Nolan Patrick

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I was thinking back injury, but after you said sports hernia, I started doing research and I think you're bang on. Very common injury. Top Notch player can probably play through it that they're not the worst player on the ice, but definitely noticeable. I would think that is why he's not taking faceoffs.

Very common hockey injury, and one of the main causes is from over usage.

Sports hernias impacting NHL players of all ages, including potential No. 1 pick Nolan Patrick

That's the exact injury Strålman was dealing with from late Nov of last season until May when he had a double sports hernia fixed surgically. That's why his last season with the Bolts was so difficult for him. Now, it's probably safe to say he's healed up now and is doing great. :DD

So it's a problem for Barkov if that is the injury he's dealing with, but it is solvable.

Whatever his injury is, I hope it clears up soon because Barkov is an awesome player and tremendous fun to watch on the ice. :heart:

Reactions: klabob

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
There’s no way if he needs surgery they’d delay it and tell him to play anyway, that just guarantees he’ll be out for the season eventually. If a player needs surgery you get it done ASAP so he can get back for crucial mid-late season games.

It’s gotta be some bruised ribs or something to that effect that will heal as time goes on.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
The Problem is when we looseing barkov now, i say we would miss important Points we need current. And thats why he might play Injured the whole Time or for a few more Games. The Question is now, how crazy are those Players. I mean Player played with broken Bones and other Stuff, to play PO or get into the PO.

And i mean this Season stands for nothing else then PO. But i hope it doesnt have some payback on Barkov later on the Season.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Barkov looking much better and was taking faceoffs last night. I think the speculation that he had an injury like bruised ribs that he'd just have to suffer through for a couple of weeks turned out to be correct.
No no the team
Is making him play thru something that needs surgery and will ultimately end his career because the medical staff is stupid and knows nothing about the human body

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
No no the team
Is making him play thru something that needs surgery and will ultimately end his career because the medical staff is stupid and knows nothing about the human body

To be fair, I will always accept the possibility that a team's medical staff is stupid and made a bad diagnosis. Wouldn't be the first South Florida pro athlete to suffer that. OJ McDuffie comes to mind immediately. More recently, Ryan Tannehill being told by team doctors it should be fine to rehab a torn ACL instead of just having it repaired was a real doozy.

Reactions: IM Clutcm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad