Injury Report: Aleksander Barkov 10/19/19 (upper body?), day-to-day

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Barkov
It's been my impression something has been "not right" with him since the beginning of the season, mentioned it during a previous game thread. He just looked a "half-step" slow in everything he did, imo. Whatever it is, get it right NOW, while it's relatively early, and don't wait.

He's been playing hurt since game one IMO

And I doubt this is a minor injurie. He would have missed 2 or 3 games already and be fine.

My guess and my fear is that he's been trying to play despite his injurie and will continue to do so until the day we learn he's out for the rest of the season and needs a surgery.

I'd be more than happy to be wrong.

But this is not looking good...

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Barkov

He's been playing hurt since game one IMO

And I doubt this is a minor injurie. He would have missed 2 or 3 games already and be fine.

My guess and my fear is that he's been trying to play despite his injurie and will continue to do so until the day we learn he's out for the rest of the season and needs a surgery.

I'd be more than happy to be wrong.

But this is not looking good...
I think Q knows. The vibe he gives every time people ask him about Barky is kind of a knowing smile and an unworried look.

That’s my interpretation anyway. I really think the team docs have told him to play through it. What happened in Nashville just might be something else. Or it’s an aggravation because the Panthers gambled and lost.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
He took a couple of good shots from Kadri too in that Avs game. I think we should wait and see for some more news before immediately fearing the absolute worse.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
He took a couple of good shots from Kadri too in that Avs game. I think we should wait and see for some more news before immediately fearing the absolute worse.
This team doesn’t do a good job of responding to these types of hits and players. Kadri always goes after Barkov and we’ve done nothing.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
There was nothing to indicate he got hurt in that Preds game, it's odd. I wonder if whatever he's battling through just flared up. Hopefully we get him back for the Avs game on the 30th, or the Wings game Nov 2nd at worst. He's been noticeably off this year but even losing Barkov at 70% for any period of time makes Florida a lot worse.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Well, time to clamp down defensively and win some gritty 2-1, 3-2 games without the added scoring of Barkov. You have to hope he's just nursing something and will be back soon. I had a bad feeling with all the offseason hype that something like this would happen with Barkov.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Barkov regular practicing. Saw some good Twitter sleuthing (individual account so I won't post it) that showed it may have been Barkov taking a slash on the hand from a faceoff. If nothing was broken, makes sense for bruising and swelling to keep him out of the game but not out long

Reactions: Max McBolt

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Barkov regular practicing. Saw some good Twitter sleuthing (individual account so I won't post it) that showed it may have been Barkov taking a slash on the hand from a faceoff. If nothing was broken, makes sense for bruising and swelling to keep him out of the game but not out long

Was probably precautionary...if it was game 80 and we were in a wildcard race, he likely would have played.

panthersdu67

Oct 5, 2019

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Read here that Huberdeau and Dadonov were possibly hurt during the game against Preds :
NHL Injury Outlook Week 4 - Featurd Stories

here too : https://www.rotoworld.com/hockey/nhl/player/24610/evgenii-dadonov

How (un)reliable are this informations ?

This particular tweet seems to acknowledge this hypothesis.

I thought the general consensus was they were benched in late third/OT due to poor performance ?

Unless its coming from the main guys that cover the team, I don't believe that crap.

Reactions: panthersdu67

WaitingForThatCab

Gas up the Lombo
Mar 11, 2017
The news on Barkov seems encouraging. The news on Trocheck is a little bit less encouraging, but hopefully he's just getting a rest day to recuperate sooner. As the man said, he earned it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->