Injury Report: Aleksander Barkov 10/19/19 (upper body?), day-to-day

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
“Minor injury” according to Tallon

source.gif

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I couldn’t even tell what happened and I watched the play a bunch of times. He was deep in the d-zone and I think something happened along the boards as the puck was going back up the ice and he just suddenly leaned over. Then he took the next face off and leaned over again.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I couldn’t even tell what happened and I watched the play a bunch of times. He was deep in the d-zone and I think something happened along the boards as the puck was going back up the ice and he just suddenly leaned over. Then he took the next face off and leaned over again.

Hopefully the mysterious injury is not to his back. :wally:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Hopefully the mysterious injury is not to his back. :wally:
I'm afraid that's what it is. Watching him skate previous to last night, he a few times had the look of someone with a sore lower back. Then he took a pretty good thump from Zadorov against the Avs. I never saw what happened in preseason when he left a game early. I wonder if this stems from there. It seems like something has been bothering him for several games. Hopefully a little rest is all that's needed.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

I took a look at it and he was already almost going down the tunnel after the shift before. It certainly looks like a mid section problem the way he was bending over, could be back or maybe a hit to the ribs or something.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I'm afraid that's what it is. Watching him skate previous to last night, he a few times had the look of someone with a sore lower back. Then he took a pretty good thump from Zadorov against the Avs. I never saw what happened in preseason when he left a game early. I wonder if this stems from there. It seems like something has been bothering him for several games. Hopefully a little rest is all that's needed.

I think it did start from that preseason game. He should just get this taken care of now. He's not really effective right now anyways.

Reactions: Rahooji

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I took a look at it and he was already almost going down the tunnel after the shift before. It certainly looks like a mid section problem the way he was bending over, could be back or maybe a hit to the ribs or something.
My perception was more about the ribs as well, but could be the back. Might prefer ribs but that can be extremely painful.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
My perception was more about the ribs as well, but could be the back. Might prefer ribs but that can be extremely painful.
I received bruised ribs from a snowboarding accident. Can confirm it's very painful. Coughing made me yell out in pain.

Reactions: KW

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I received bruised ribs from a snowboarding accident. Can confirm it's very painful. Coughing made me yell out in pain.
I clicked “like” your post .... but just to be sure .... I didn’t “like” it because you were in pain. (Maybe some other time I might have, just not now .... :whistling: )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad