Proposal: Alec Martinez to NYR

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMO he's a useful player still but giving up a 2nd rounder for one year of Martinez?---No. That's counter to the direction the team is moving in. I'm not into moving Wall either until I have some idea about what kind of pro he can be. FWIW at the deadline to a playoff bound team that's when Alec has the most value.

I don’t like the idea of trading goalie prospects to begin with. They always have very low value compared to their potential and you can never have enough good young goalies.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
So... Vegas NEEDS to shed salary in order to sign Pietrangelo, which seems done on principle and just waiting on the cap. In that case, Martinez to NYR for a 3rd. The end. Stastny got a 4th and a mediocre youth. Ryan Murray got a 5th. Same concept. You want cap space? Martinez for a 3rd. The end.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This^.
Koekkoek may still be available cheap. K may be this year's Claussen.

Do not want to reverse course, get older let alone use assets to go there.

Wall is presumed front runner on Lindbom for Shesty's backup. Guys drafted may work out but too early for that.

Also, Vegas is sup interested in Deangelo, whether that is to retool in addition or is consolation prize if they don't get AlexPie, that is what we should be supporting.

If, as a side backscratch deal, they wanna eat something on MAF so we get him at wholesale w/idea that we then eat a mil or so and flip him to Leafs or somebody else, fine, we'll do that side deal for a broker's fee.

But our main focus for LVGK should be return for Deangelo.
You tryna to kill Sam Rosen putting Koekkoek and Kakko on the same team?

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
I don't get why Martinez is suddenly is every Vegas fan's proposals.

Ya just gave up two 2nds for the guy, he came in and dominated the last few games of the regular season, and was excellent in a deep playoff run.

What the hell do you guys want?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Ya just gave up two 2nds for the guy, he came in and dominated the last few games of the regular season, and was excellent in a deep playoff run.

If they want yo sign AP they need to create cap space.

Right now they have 21 skaters and $2.8M in space.

They have 7 D under contract with most of thrm LD
Martinez with 1 yr left at $4M would be the easiest yo move

They could make space by trading MAF but nobody takes him.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
If they want yo sign AP they need to create cap space.

Right now they have 21 skaters and $2.8M in space.

They have 7 D under contract with most of thrm LD
Martinez with 1 yr left at $4M would be the easiest yo move

They could make space by trading MAF but nobody takes him.
They should've bought him out.

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
Vegas needs to clear cap space, and NYR needs a LD with a small cap hit (especially with Strome & TDA going to arbitration). Bonus: Martinez can play left or right side.

Proposal:
Alec Martinez for a 2nd and Wall

Thoughts?
Don’t have a 2nd next year because Gorton hates them. Rangers don’t need Martinez because they have Jack Johnson

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
No on every level. The Rangers should go with Hajek and Lindgren. Then plug a vet in who cost nothing. Plus we will see what Miller does in camp. This rebuild is still in its early stages for its defenseman. Lindgren Fox and Hajek were all rookies last season. DeAngelo got his first full year of carrying a lot more responsibility. I still they they deal TDA when a team makes a significant offer.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
So... Vegas NEEDS to shed salary in order to sign Pietrangelo, which seems done on principle and just waiting on the cap. In that case, Martinez to NYR for a 3rd. The end. Stastny got a 4th and a mediocre youth. Ryan Murray got a 5th. Same concept. You want cap space? Martinez for a 3rd. The end.
Would you accept a 3rd from Colorado for Martinez?

Reactions: Flyer lurker

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Martinez is a way better player than Johnson

Johnson was one of the two Kings D that made Johnson expendable

upcoming season is transitional for NY to shed excess vets, pref sooner than later, and allow new emerging core to play max mins and gel.

AM could be useful short term, but not if we have to pay to acquire.
JJ was just ufa $.
That said, JJ is total mistake.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

He is in every post because A Piet looks like he is going to Vegas and nobody is picking up the whole nut for Fluery. Forward's value have taken the biggest hit trade wise so either Schmidt or A Mart has to go.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This ain’t happening Bern. I believe that LV would clear space for AP but not for ADA. We also can’t go beyond a cap neutral deal.

Need to make a separate thread on ADA to LV, but short answer here is,
1) I didn't make this up, saw it in Yardbarker w/in past wk.
2) Not clear if they view ADA as ONLY a consolation price to APie, or if they consider this as go for both and be deep. Who else they protecting in exp dr besides AP, Shea and ADA?
Now, fitting that is another story.
If AP, he only = $, no assets for acquisition cost.
Them giving us assets for ADA may entirely be feasible esp if there is a package that moves a retained MAF to us and they see ADA can be signed first yr 4.5m ish.

Not happening? Maybe.
Could happen? Maybe.

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
Martinez is a way better player than Johnson

Johnson was one of the two Kings D that made Johnson expendable
Lmao, you must’ve been the top of your f’n class!!! Johnson was one of the two Kings D that made Johnson expendable???? Lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->