Proposal: Alec Martinez to NYR

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Vegas needs to clear cap space, and NYR needs a LD with a small cap hit (especially with Strome & TDA going to arbitration). Bonus: Martinez can play left or right side.

Proposal:
Alec Martinez for a 2nd and Wall

Thoughts?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Vegas needs to clear cap space, and NYR needs a LD with a small cap hit (especially with Strome & TDA going to arbitration). Bonus: Martinez can play left or right side.

Proposal Alec Martinez for a 2nd and Wall

Thoughts?

Rangers don’t have a 2nd next year but sure Martinez is a good stop gap

QJL

Jan 2, 2014

Proposal Alec Martinez for a 2nd and Wall

Thoughts?

I’m interested, but we just moved our 2021 2nd to get rid of Staal and Wall is likely next man up when Georgiev finally gets moved. I don’t see another 2nd or Wall being the pieces.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
That’s debatable. I don’t think he sucks and I do think he is a 1 year stop gap that is an upgrade on what the Rangers currently have.
Fine with playing Bitteto, Hajek and Reunanen in rotation, for this season of noncontention and transition.
If the must fill the spot with someone with more top 4 experience, find a less pricy, younger guy

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
That’s debatable. I don’t think he sucks and I do think he is a 1 year stop gap that is an upgrade on what the Rangers currently have.
His production and possession numbers have tanked the last few years. Is he better than Jack Johnson? Sure.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
His production and possession numbers have tanked the last few years. Is he better than Jack Johnson? Sure.
He was also on a lot worse teams than his standard. Did a nice job on Vegas. And yes better than Johnson and Smith for sure.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Fine with playing Bitteto, Hajek and Reunanen in rotation, for this season of noncontention and transition.
If the must fill the spot with someone with more top 4 experience, find a less pricy, younger guy

This^.
Koekkoek may still be available cheap. K may be this year's Claussen.

Do not want to reverse course, get older let alone use assets to go there.

Wall is presumed front runner on Lindbom for Shesty's backup. Guys drafted may work out but too early for that.

Also, Vegas is sup interested in Deangelo, whether that is to retool in addition or is consolation prize if they don't get AlexPie, that is what we should be supporting.

If, as a side backscratch deal, they wanna eat something on MAF so we get him at wholesale w/idea that we then eat a mil or so and flip him to Leafs or somebody else, fine, we'll do that side deal for a broker's fee.

But our main focus for LVGK should be return for Deangelo.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
I don’t want anyone from the 2014 Kings on this team.
I don't mean to remind you, but he's not just anyone from that team.

Alec-Martinez-and-Kyle-Clifford-Los-Angeles-Kings-and-Henrik-Lundqvist-New-York-Rangers-2014-Stanley-Cup-Finals-Game-5.jpg

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I like Martinez but I'm not sure I'd want to give you a 2nd or Wall for him let alone both just so you can get a bit of cap space. To me there's a favor in your proposal that you're asking of us. How about future considerations?---say a 7th if we don't resign him and a 5th if we do.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Proposal:
Alec Martinez for a 2nd and Wall

Thoughts?

Buffalo us another team looking for a short term LD

Vegas isn’t getting a 2nd nor 3rd to clear cap space. Best is a 4zth for Martinez

Reactions: Ciao

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I like Martinez but I'm not sure I'd want to give you a 2nd or Wall for him let alone both just so you can get a bit of cap space. To me there's a favor in your proposal that you're asking of us. How about future considerations?---say a 7th if we don't resign him and a 5th if we do.

This is my position. I don’t mind adding the player, but not at that price. Vegas needs to get rid of him more than we need him.

Reactions: eco's bones

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
This is my position. I don’t mind adding the player, but not at that price. Vegas needs to get rid of him more than we need him.

IMO he's a useful player still but giving up a 2nd rounder for one year of Martinez?---No. That's counter to the direction the team is moving in. I'm not into moving Wall either until I have some idea about what kind of pro he can be. FWIW at the deadline to a playoff bound team that's when Alec has the most value.

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad