Red Sox/MLB ALDS - Red Sox Lead 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I am all in on seeing the Cubs choke away the division and lose today and in the one game playoff but why wouldn't MLB just use head to head as tiebreaker for division winner considering the two teams that lose today are the two wild card teams anyway?

IIRC that’s what they did when there were 4 playoff teams and both teams would be playing a best of 5 division series. Now the advantage of winning the division (playing a series) vs. not (one game WC game) is so much greater I’m not sure just using head to head is fair.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I will admit as a neutral observer I am enjoying this drama unfold. A lot of Brewer fans in the house as well.

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
Brewers really peaking at the right time. Yelich is a freaking beast! Really hoping they can hang on and beat the Cubbies!

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Hader isn't even the Brewers closer? I'd try to make him a starter in the future. Might not be possible but guy looks like Chris Sale out there.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Brewers really peaking at the right time. Yelich is a freaking beast! Really hoping they can hang on and beat the Cubbies!

His Mom isn't bad either.

Christian_Yelich_mother_Alecia_Yelich-4.jpg

Reactions: Killer B

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
My favorite part of all this is all the Let's Go Brewers chants, Moose chants, and big cheers whenever the Brewers do something at Wrigley Field.

Cubs fans absolutely deserve the turnabout.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Lester going tomorrow. I hope he pitches a gem and the Cubs lose in extra innings or something.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
This also has added importance since the winner would have homefield throughout NL playoffs.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Mike I think what they might be going for is the top seed gets the wild card team regardless of record because in theory that team would have just used their best starter in the one game playoff and then you would only see that pitcher once in your 5 game series. Whether that's enough of a factor to outweigh playing a rested team with an inferior record...tough to say.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Mike I think what they might be going for is the top seed gets the wild card team regardless of record because in theory that team would have just used their best starter in the one game playoff and then you would only see that pitcher once in your 5 game series. Whether that's enough of a factor to outweigh playing a rested team with an inferior record...tough to say.

Yeah I get it, but in this situation the Braves make out like gangbusters. Adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad