Red Sox/MLB ALDS - Red Sox Lead 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I like the Sox strategy in this series. Give up a gazillion homeruns and surely the Yankees can't keep it up when they meet in playoffs.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
CHB is ready for the playoffs

DAN SHAUGHNESSY

Red Sox are not inspiring confidence heading into the postseason

The Sox are the only team in baseball that has not lost four straight games this year. If they lose on Sunday, they will carry a four-game losing streak into the playoffs. They will be a team that lost six out of their last eight — much like the 109-win Orioles who lost five of their last six then got steamrolled by the Mets (4-1) in the 1969 World Series.

It’s not just about losing a few meaningless games while playing out the string. It’s the fact that Chris Sale has pitched only 17 innings since July and had the lowest velocity of his career in his last messy start. It’s the fact that Sox pitchers have won zero of 19 career postseason starts. It’s that Boston’s bullpen has been terrible. It’s the fact that Mookie Betts has never driven in a run in the postseason and that Jackie Bradley Jr. is a .160 playoff hitter with 13 strikeouts in 25 at-bats.

They will carry the weight of these failures into the ALDS Friday. And it will be on them to either validate their monster season or succumb to the pressure that comes with winning 107-108 games.

Friday can’t get here fast enough.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I thought that playing your division rivals 19 times was supposed to prevent having to play tiebreaker games at the end of the season.

I don’t hate it though

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
MLB Network reporting that the A's are going to use Liam Hendricks as the opener in the WC game and go bullpen the rest of the way.

And looks like we're headed for a Rockies/Dodgers tiebreaker in LA tomorrow

If scores hold, the Brewers will win the division and the Cubs will host the WC, but it's still early

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
And looks like we're headed for a Rockies/Dodgers tiebreaker in LA tomorrow

If scores hold, the Brewers will win the division and the Cubs will host the WC, but it's still early

If all four teams win, there’s two tiebreaker games tomorrow. MIL-CHC in Chicago and LAD-COL in LA

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Regardless what happened I enjoyed this team and year

Betts first batting champ to be 30/30. really ?

Betts first Red Sox player to hit .346 or higher and 30 stolen bases since HOF iconic outfielder Tris Speaker

JD Martinez only Sox player other than Ted Williams to hit .330 or higher and hit 43 homers

Two single elimination games tomorrow
One on Tuesday
A’s vs Yankees Wednesday

Plus Pats Thursday
Bruins Wednesday & Thursday
Red Sox Friday & Saturday

Insane

Last edited:

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Regardless what happened I enjoyed this team and year

Betts first batting champ to be 30/30. really ?

Betts first Red Sox player to hit .346 or higher and 30 stolen bases since HOF iconic outfielder Tris Speaker

JD Martinez only Sox player other than Ted Williams to hit .330 or higher and hit 43 homers

Two single elimination games tomorrow
One on Tuesday
A’s vs Yankees Thursday

Plus Pats Thursday
Bruins Wednesday & Thursday
Red Sox Friday & Saturday

Insane

Baseball is better every day so I don’t get why the AL Wild Card isn’t until Thursday and the Sox play Friday. They should go NL Tuesday, AL Wednesday, first round Thursday.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Pomeranz with a nice inning?

Rays are beating the Blue Jays. Top three teams in the division will combine for 298 wins. That’s three more than the NL Central did in 2015 when they had the three best records in baseball. A bit more lopsided this year. :laugh:

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I am all in on seeing the Cubs choke away the division and lose today and in the one game playoff but why wouldn't MLB just use head to head as tiebreaker for division winner considering the two teams that lose today are the two wild card teams anyway?

Reactions: N o o d l e s

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Joe Madden thinks he’s so smart with his dumb move of batting the pitcher 8th

Reactions: McGarnagle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad