ALDS: Kansas City Royals vs Houston Astros

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I think when Davis went from sp to rp they just copied his physical appearance and put it on one of those Maris robots .

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
This is like the A's@ Det in game 4 a few years back. Astros had the lead late, like the A's, and lost it. Like the A's, I think this was the Astros shot. Hope they prove me wrong.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i think that's it for the stros. don't see the royals losing game 5

i really thought they were going to put away those clowns today. goddammit

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
This is like the A's@ Det in game 4 a few years back. Astros had the lead late, like the A's, and lost it. Like the A's, I think this was the Astros shot. Hope they prove me wrong.

The announcers mentioned the As right before KC started.

I'd like to say I'm shocked but with that bullpen...With the road woes and as young as these kids are it's gonna be interesting.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
sheehan said before the series and (i think) in his newsletter that the thing that scared him about the astros was the thing that we saw today.

they don't have a guy with put away stuff in their bullpen. they don't have a guy with an electric arm to just mow guys down to get outs. all of their relievers are pitch to contact guys who rely on guile and matchups to get outs. against a team like the royals that's a huge problem.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Remember some guys thought that Astros was crazy to take Correa over Appel? LOL.

The kid is ****ing superstar.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
If Houston has a 1 run lead going into the 9th, do you......

A) stick with McHugh(assuming he makes it to the 9th and lets say his pitch count is at a 100)

B)Gregerson, their closer but can be a hit or a miss.

C)Keuchel, their ace but would be coming off 2 days rest. Plus, sometimes starters seem to struggle when coming from the pen.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell

A) stick with McHugh(assuming he makes it to the 9th and lets say his pitch count is at a 100)

C)Keuchel, their ace but would be coming off 2 days rest. Plus, sometimes starters seem to struggle when coming from the pen.

Throw up

And I think it all depends. I think one of the things that has gotten them into trouble this season is not reading their pitchers as well. I mean let McHugh pitch as long as he can IF he looks like he can, but don't leave him out there to load the bases with 0 outs and then make the call.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

Keuchel and you don't think twice about it unless he tells you that he can't do it on short rest. Obviously if McHugh is dealing you go with the hot hand but I'm talking about a situation where the Astros need some bleeding stopped. Keuchel is your best pitcher with the best stuff. You go with your best horse. Look at Kershaw tonight.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->