Blue Jays GDT: *ALCS GM 2* @ CLE | Sat, Oct 15 | 4pm ET/1pm PT | Happ vs Tomlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Who was up today with runners ? Is there a good url for that ?

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Today was our chance, against Tomlin. Now we'd have to face Kluber twice, and deal with that nasty pen to boot.

Baseball is very different from Hockey. This series is over.
Yup. Too bad our bats sucked this year since our pitching was so dominant. Guys just forgot how to hit in September and it's carried over. No excuse not to hit Tomlin. He was throwing 85 fastballs and a slow predictable curve. Unacceptable.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Today was our chance, against Tomlin. Now we'd have to face Kluber twice, and deal with that nasty pen to boot.

Just like you thought we were done against Texas last year I am assuming? Not saying we have a good shot but we are absolutely not done.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014

Okay, they did better again kluber than Tomlin, overall, IMO.

Baseball is different than hockey and they could definitely win four of five. Just need some better approaches at the plate and some more emotion.

Did people really expect the Jay's to never lose? Yu just give up after two losses with everything they've been through? Every game is different and a fresh start, new pitcher.

Plat

Oct 15, 2010
The amount of disrespect for someone like Bautista who has done so much for this team over the last 6-7 years lately is absolutely mind blowing. He has declined it happens to every single player but some of the bull **** being said about him is flat out embarrassing.

Dude is flat out **** now, thanks for all you have done Joey Bats but it's time for his ass to GET THE **** OUTTA HERE.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Heck, people thought we were done after the loss to Boston in the last weekend of the season. Fans were already writing the obituary on this season. People thought we were done against Baltimore once it became a battle of the bullpens. I still say Jays are not in trouble until they lose a game at home.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Okay, they did better again kluber than Tomlin, overall, IMO.

Baseball is different than hockey and they could definitely win four of five. Just need some better approaches at the plate and some more emotion.

Did people really expect the Jay's to never lose? Yu just give up after two losses with everything they've been through? Every game is different and a fresh start, new pitcher.

No, what I expect from the team is to do better than 3 hits against Josh Tomlin. Is that unrealistic? I don't believe it is. We had our chance, we blew it. The bats have gone cold again.

Hopefully we can acquire a nice young bat who isn't in his mid 30's. Wouldn't that be something.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Heck, people thought we were done after the loss to Boston in the last weekend of the season. Fans were already writing the obituary on this season. People thought we were done against Baltimore once it became a battle of the bullpens. I still say Jays are not in trouble until they lose a game at home.

That's the only positive. Three games in Toronto. If we can win all theee it would be awesome, I'll take two though

They should crush Bauer.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013

Bud. It's over.

Cleveland's pitching is so much better than Boston's it's not even funny.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
We're going Bauer and Clevinger against Stroman and Sanchez. In Toronto. Easy to see this series tied at 2. Massive one will be game 5- you go back to Cleveland 3-2, facing against Tomlin again? The blue Jays will not go 3 hits against Tomlin again this series.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario

Kluber is not coming in twice more this series. He'll pitch game and be available out of the pen for 7, but he's not starting 2 more games.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Andrew Miller would have been a great pickup. He completely transformed Clevelands pen. I'd happily let him play out the rest of his career here.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Quite the gap between Texas and Cleveland, sir. This Corey Kluber guy is pretty good I hear.

Hamels and Darvish are better than an injured Bauer (or healthy Bauer for that matter) and Clevinger.

But your attitude sucks, so I won't complain if you want to jump off the bandwagon now. :)

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Hamels and Darvish are better than an injured Bauer (or healthy Bauer for that matter) and Clevinger.

But your attitude sucks, so I won't complain if you want to jump off the bandwagon now. :)

I've been a Jays fan my entire life. I call it how I see it, if you don't like it, that's your problem.

Owen Wilson

Feb 21, 2003
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
People need stop overreacting...

Lindor HR
Santana HR
Donaldson 2b
Lindor 1b

...is the entire offence of the first 2 games...4 whole pitches has been the difference. As much as the Indians have shut down the Jays, Jays pitching had been doing the same, save for 2 pitches

Let's get the boys back home and some mojo back :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad