Alberta police draw guns on man in Fallout costume

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
He does look exactly like one of those antifa losers

Good thing no one was injured, or the media would have another cop-hating field day

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It's not terribly bright to go walking around in public wearing a gas mask less than a few weeks after Syria gassed its own citizens. Well, actually, it's probably not a bright idea to do that any time, but particularly now. Add the backpack and the painted Pringles cans and I can understand the fear that the costume caused. Imagine if he really were a terrorist and, after the attack, people were to say, "I just thought that he was a cosplayer in costume." There'd be disbelief that no one raised an alarm.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You learn something new every day.

I didn't know Canada had cops that don't ride horses or that they had guns.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Kind of funny he wore the costume outside. Probably figured it was easier than carrying it and putting it on at the tailor.

He does look exactly like one of those antifa losers

Good thing no one was injured, or the media would have another cop-hating field day

Good thing cops in Canada almost never fire their guns.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
It's not terribly bright to go walking around in public wearing a gas mask less than a few weeks after Syria gassed its own citizens. Well, actually, it's probably not a bright idea to do that any time, but particularly now. Add the backpack and the painted Pringles cans and I can understand the fear that the costume caused. Imagine if he really were a terrorist and, after the attack, people were to say, "I just thought that he was a cosplayer in costume." There'd be disbelief that no one raised an alarm.

Not going to disagree with the bolded, and the cops handled it fine. But it's not like he was walking around NYC like that. He was walking around Grand Prairie. I'm not saying it's a good idea either way just giving it some context.

The guy probably thought it'd be uneventful to walk over to the tailor in his gear :laugh: Now if this was in the heart of downtown NYC, Toronto, Chicago, etc, I'd think he was a total moron. It's a small city though, I don't think he realized it would be taken that way or that so many people would see him and make that assumption. He's probably pretty young too, didn't understand how his cosplay could be misinterpreted.

Again though, not a good idea, I just can understand why he'd think it would be okay. Cosplayers often think their outfit looks a lot better than it actually is.

What they see when they look in the mirror:

ironman2.jpg

Reality:

dfcb9a3c3aebc93d9f878725c74833e6.jpg

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
You learn something new every day.

I didn't know Canada had cops that don't ride horses or that they had guns.

lol 99% dont. and they dont use aboot and ****. but we canadians play it up

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Not going to disagree with the bolded, and the cops handled it fine. But it's not like he was walking around NYC like that. He was walking around Grand Prairie. I'm not saying it's a good idea either way just giving it some context.

The guy probably thought it'd be uneventful to walk over to the tailor in his gear :laugh: Now if this was in the heart of downtown NYC, Toronto, Chicago, etc, I'd think he was a total moron. It's a small city though, I don't think he realized it would be taken that way or that so many people would see him and make that assumption. He's probably pretty young too, didn't understand how his cosplay could be misinterpreted.

Again though, not a good idea, I just can understand why he'd think it would be okay. Cosplayers often think their outfit looks a lot better than it actually is.

What they see when they look in the mirror:

ironman2.jpg

Reality:

dfcb9a3c3aebc93d9f878725c74833e6.jpg

That last picture is gold. :biglaugh:

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
No one mentioned that the outfit was pretty good. Also, no one mentioned he was carrying around the flag of California with a three headed bear on it.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

That's a fair point, but I still think that it's not bright anywhere in public where people might be scared by it and call the cops. I can understand if he had a reason to walk around in costume (like needing to cross the street to go to the tailor), but at least take the gas mask off to do it. He most likely kept it on on purpose to show off his complete costume and have some fun (i.e feel cool, get people's attention, have his picture taken by amused pedestrians, etc.), so I wouldn't say that he's totally innocent.

No one mentioned that the outfit was pretty good. Also, no one mentioned he was carrying around the flag of California with a three headed bear on it.

It was mentioned near the top of the article. I can understand if people were hesitant to click on a hyperlink that reads "Click me," though. I was ;).

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The police tried to shoot him but he glitched out in some terrain, so they had to start their games over.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
lol 99% dont. and they dont use aboot and ****. but we canadians play it up

The aboot thing is mainly from some people in Southern Ontario. Listen to Bob McKenzie for instance whenever he says about, out, without, doubt etc..

And ya the stereotype of Mounties riding their horses wearing red garb and that hat is rarely seen. Usually only during special occasions.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
The aboot thing is mainly from some people in Southern Ontario. Listen to Bob McKenzie for instance whenever he says about, out, without, doubt etc..

And ya the stereotype of Mounties riding their horses wearing red garb and that hat is rarely seen. Usually only during special occasions.

I know a lot of people who use "eh" but in at least a normal way. Then one time I saw some Saskatchewan people being interviewed and they used "eh" in every sentence in the cliché way that always gets parodied. The thing is it wasn't a parody, they were using it like that, eh.

Sentences like "She wasn't very fond of him eh" and "She liked to go out eh". It was cringe worthy.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I know a lot of people who use "eh" but in at least a normal way. Then one time I saw some Saskatchewan people being interviewed and they used "eh" in every sentence in the cliché way that always gets parodied. The thing is it wasn't a parody, they were using it like that, eh.

Sentences like "She wasn't very fond of him eh" and "She liked to go out eh". It was cringe worthy.

Oh God that's just horrible. :laugh: Ya I've heard the same.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
That's a fair point, but I still think that it's not bright anywhere in public where people might be scared by it and call the cops. I can understand if he had a reason to walk around in costume (like needing to cross the street to go to the tailor), but at least take the gas mask off to do it. He most likely kept it on on purpose to show off his complete costume and have some fun (i.e feel cool, get people's attention, have his picture taken by amused pedestrians, etc.), so I wouldn't say that he's totally innocent.

It was mentioned near the top of the article. I can understand if people were hesitant to click on a hyperlink that reads "Click me," though. I was ;).

It stated the flag said California Republic, nothing about a three headed bear.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It stated the flag said California Republic, nothing about a three headed bear.

It stated that the flag said "New California Republic." No, it didn't mention the 3-headed bear, but those who have played the games know that that's the symbol on the New California Republic flag.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad