GDT: Albany Devils Games (PART II)

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
That's why I say to hell with all the extra defensemen. We can dump Tallinder, and replace his spot with Gelinas even if it's not until next season. It would be much cheaper, and give us more than enough cap flexibility.

He looks great in the AHL, but I am always wary of expecting rookie defencemen to step up that much. It's the hardest position for a rookie to adjust to.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He looks great in the AHL, but I am always wary of expecting rookie defencemen to step up that much. It's the hardest position for a rookie to adjust to.

I know, but he's gotta come in at sometime. He will have had 2 AHL seasons after this year. Or is it 3? He won't be able to take over right away, but it gives him time.

If we need a call up this year on D, I think it's Gelinas, or Urbom. The defense would have to be pretty depleted though or a trade does happen in order for their to even need to be call ups.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
I agree. Give the chance to one of the upcoming players. Urbom deserves a chance to prove himself. Had a couple of seasons in the AHL by now and played really well last pre season when he got the chance.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Jesus they are going to be playing games every other day and having 2 dmen on the roster is too much insurance? I am willing to wager that Urbom gets the first callup and if Gelinas is next in line then he will too.

Volch will miss time, same for Salvador, maybe Zidlicky too? Who knows with a condensed season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Jesus they are going to be playing games every other day and having 2 dmen on the roster is too much insurance? I am willing to wager that Urbom gets the first callup and if Gelinas is next in line then he will too.

Volch will miss time, same for Salvador, maybe Zidlicky too? Who knows with a condensed season.

Yeah? Well we don't have insurance in the way of forwards. What happens when one of them goes down? Where does the scoring come from? We already have Henrique out, and I think we're in a better position to lose a defensemen than a forward right now.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
We have 8 NHL calibre defencemen right now, and a couple of prospects itching to make the jump. I think we could trade a defenceman and still be fine, but I understand if Lou wants to play it safe.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We have 8 NHL calibre defencemen right now, and a couple of prospects itching to make the jump. I think we could trade a defenceman and still be fine, but I understand if Lou wants to play it safe.

We definitely can. We will be playing it safer to make sure we have enough spots for forwards.

Someone will definitely be traded unless someone goes down, and will be spending much time on the LTIR. Then which we probably won't need to call anyone up as long as it's only one defenseman out. It might not happen before the season starts, but I think we'll see a trade.

Kinda like how we traded Steckel between camp, and the season starting, but it might be a little after that.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011

Highlights from last night.

Larsson goal at 1:19. Sweet goal. He should of had an assist on Tedenbys goal at 1:38 as well. Somehow they gave the secondary assist to Zalewski. Might be because they're #5 and #15. Someone write to the AHL, lol!

One thing I found hilarious was that Leach was in on every single goal that the Monarchs scored. At least I think so, saw him pretty much on each goal except the empty netter. Just shows how terrible he is.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

Larsson goal at 1:19. Sweet goal. He should of had an assist on Tedenbys goal at 1:38 as well. Somehow they gave the secondary assist to Zalewski. Might be because they're #5 and #15. Someone write to the AHL, lol!

One thing I found hilarious was that Leach was in on every single goal that the Monarchs scored. At least I think so, saw him pretty much on each goal except the empty netter. Just shows how terrible he is.

"Shot and a score" ?

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Albany Devils say J. Josefson & S. Gionta missed Fri's game @ Manchester w/lower body injuries & are day to day. Neither available tonight.

Does "protecting his precious glass bones" count as a lower body injury? Bet that clears right up tomorrow morning.

Not sure if Gionta might have actually had something wrong with him, especially if Tedenby, Butler and Larsson were playing.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Leach had a nice assist for the Pessonen goal.

Frazee looked horrendous, quite a few softees.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah Frazee was a joke last night. 4 of the 6 were stoppable. He cost them the game, and even the Albany announcer when I listened last night was faulting him for many of the goals.

To his defense though that was his worst game the whole season. He's usually pretty solid, but I'm not sure if he's even got a start in quite a few games. They been rolling Kinkaid more often than not.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Absent the situation with Wedgewood, I continue to believe the next Devils goalie to take the mantle from Brodeur, at least from a #1 or #1a perspective is not in the organization currently.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Absent the situation with Wedgewood, I continue to believe the next Devils goalie to take the mantle from Brodeur, at least from a #1 or #1a perspective is not in the organization currently.

I know he's two years older and he has a different team in front of him, but Kinkaid is putting up better number in the AHL than Wedgewood is in the ECHL.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Looks like I'm gonna see a skeleton team in AC tomorrow :(

I know he's two years older and he has a different team in front of him, but Kinkaid is putting up better number in the AHL than Wedgewood is in the ECHL.

It's tough to judge that because the ECHL has literally no defense. I wanna see what both can do at an NHL back up role soon though. Really not happy Hedberg got a second year but it is what it is.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
1st and 3rd goals from the Monarchs both are called no goals at other times. The one they did waive off was no more interference than the 3rd goal. :dunno: You just never know how those calls are going to go sometimes.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just hope Tedenby don't make it over Butler. I'm much higher on Butler, and generally he's been playing better aside from the first month.

kiwidevil

Devs up 3-1. Gelinas.

Is gonna suck a bit for Albany. Seem to be just hitting their stride now they will be gutted. Larsson, JJ, Butler, Henrique at least probably. Then maybe Teds, Pesonen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->