GDT: Albany @ Bingo | Sunday Feb 10th, 2013 | 5:05 pm w/ stream

Berserker*

He doesn't get talked about as much as some of the other prospects, but Pageau has been very impressive. Going into this season I was expecting that he would either be playing in the ECHL or sent back to the QMJHL, but he has proved that not only can he play in the AHL, he can actually be an impact player. I also didn't expect him to be as strong defensively or as involved physically as he has been this season. With Zibanejad, Silfveberg and Stone all likely making the jump into the NHL next year, I could see Pageau stepping into the top five of our prospect pool. I see some similarities to Giroux and St Louis in his game and am looking forward to see how he develops as a pro.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Where did they find this gazley guy? Nice find to help the farm out.

Pageau has looked pretty this weekend and recently in general. I too thought he was bound for the QMJHL. He proved he was too good to send away and now he's seized the his opportunity with DaCosta and Zibanejad up with Ottawa.

Not sure if Stone will be ready for a full time job by next year. I see him as first call up though. Following the internal battles of this club is pretty entertaining in itself.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL

Pageau has looked pretty this weekend and recently in general. I too thought he was bound for the QMJHL. He proved he was too good to send away and now he's seized the his opportunity with DaCosta and Zibanejad up with Ottawa.

Not sure if Stone will be ready for a full time job by next year. I see him as first call up though. Following the internal battles of this club is pretty entertaining in itself.

Dustin Gazley has been on the Elmira Jackels in the ECHL the past two years. He was the scoring leader and I believe MVP of the ECHL last season. He's small, but he's got some speed, he looked like the game was big for him a few shifts last night.

Berserker*

Well Stone has been one of the best players this season and was expected to get called up if he didn't break his finger. IMO being one of the best players on the ice night in night out while playing with a cracked rib which he apparently got in October (which would likely significantly hamper his play) is a good indication that he is ready to make the jump.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Well Stone has been one of the best players this season and was expected to get called up if he didn't break his finger. IMO being one of the best players on the ice night in night out while playing with a cracked rib which he apparently got in October (which would likely significantly hamper his play) is a good indication that he is ready to make the jump.

really? i never heard he was one of the best. maybe one of the bingo boys can comment, but my impression was he was just doing ok. he had an opportunity to show something after the callups but got injured.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
really? i never heard he was one of the best. maybe one of the bingo boys can comment, but my impression was he was just doing ok. he had an opportunity to show something after the callups but got injured.

He was, I thought he has amazing hockey sense. Some of the passes he makes are just ridiculous. You can tell now that we are missing a finisher/scoring forward. Bingo is a team full of grinders now, no true scoring threat. The team is still making the plays and passes that they should but no one is home to finish. Earlier in the year, there was always someone there to take a shot in the slot.

Losing Hoff and Stone took a lot away from this team. Hell, losing Z-Bad and DaCosta stunk too. We need a scoring forward desperately.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
There were a good 5-6 players better tham Stone.

Dacosta
Silfverberg
Hoffman
Prince
Zibanejad
Grant

Stone was amazing some games. Emphasis on some but struggled mightily to keep up with the pace for the majority of the time. He did make some amazing passes and excellent looks only a topend prospecr can administer but no way was he one of the best on a nightly basis..

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
He was, I thought he has amazing hockey sense. Some of the passes he makes are just ridiculous. You can tell now that we are missing a finisher/scoring forward. Bingo is a team full of grinders now, no true scoring threat. The team is still making the plays and passes that they should but no one is home to finish. Earlier in the year, there was always someone there to take a shot in the slot.

Losing Hoff and Stone took a lot away from this team. Hell, losing Z-Bad and DaCosta stunk too. We need a scoring forward desperately.

The way you worded that last statement makes it look like Hoff and Stone played a bigger role than DaCosta on the team.

DaCosta was the teams best player.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
There were a good 5-6 players better tham Stone.

Dacosta
Silfverberg
Hoffman
Prince
Zibanejad
Grant

Stone was amazing some games. Emphasis on some but struggled mightily to keep up with the pace for the majority of the time. He did make some amazing passes and excellent looks only a topend prospecr can administer but no way was he one of the best on a nightly basis..

yeah, that was my impression as well. from what i understood/watched he looked good in spurts but in no way he was the best.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He doesn't get talked about as much as some of the other prospects, but Pageau has been very impressive. Going into this season I was expecting that he would either be playing in the ECHL or sent back to the QMJHL, but he has proved that not only can he play in the AHL, he can actually be an impact player. I also didn't expect him to be as strong defensively or as involved physically as he has been this season. With Zibanejad, Silfveberg and Stone all likely making the jump into the NHL next year, I could see Pageau stepping into the top five of our prospect pool. I see some similarities to Giroux and St Louis in his game and am looking forward to see how he develops as a pro.

I didn't think he would amount to much either & he has played really well in Bingo. I still don't think he has a future in the NHL but would love to see him prove me wrong again.

The way you worded that last statement makes it look like Hoff and Stone played a bigger role than DaCosta on the team.

DaCosta was the teams best player.

Stone played very well at the beginning of the season when Da Costa was injured & Da Costa has played well recently since Stone has been injured. Lehner IMO has been Bingo's best player this season. Hoffman & Silfverberg carried the team at the beginning of the season & both are still ahead of Da Costa in pts I think.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Stone played very well at the beginning of the season when Da Costa was injured & Da Costa has played well recently since Stone has been injured. Lehner IMO has been Bingo's best player this season. Hoffman & Silfverberg carried the team at the beginning of the season & both are still ahead of Da Costa in pts I think.

Stone was excellent in the first 4 games. That's it. The rest of the time he played a more defensive game and his offense came once in a while but not at the level I was hoping. Even though I think the way he was used by Richardson will help him long-term, he didn't play as one of the best. I'm saying this as a huge Stone fan too.

Da Costa was the catalyst on that top-line, powerplay and offense. Anyone who thinks otherwise didn't watch all or most of the games. Silfverberg's game improved immensely when put with DaCosta.

Hoffman was actually beneficiary of that top-line and could have had much more points if he finished half his opportunities. Nothing against Hoffman but I expected him to score much more points.

I bet you didn't even watch half the games saying Hoffman carried that top-line :laugh:

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Stone was excellent in the first 4 games. That's it. The rest of the time he played a more defensive game and his offense came once in a while but not at the level I was hoping. Even though I think the way he was used by Richardson will help him long-term, he didn't play as one of the best. I'm saying this as a huge Stone fan too.

Da Costa was the catalyst on that top-line, powerplay and offense. Anyone who thinks otherwise didn't watch all or most of the games. Silfverberg's game improved immensely when put with DaCosta.

Hoffman was actually beneficiary of that top-line and could have had much more points if he finished half his opportunities. Nothing against Hoffman but I expected him to score much more points.

I bet you didn't even watch half the games saying Hoffman carried that top-line :laugh:

I've got nothing but praise for DaCosta. I was upset to see he never got an invite to camp. However, he wasn't the only asset out there making a difference. The DD-Grant-Stone line was probably the most consistent line we've had all year, even though they were struggling right before Stone's injury.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa

i think after the first few games he played very well defensively, and was not put in a position to succeed offensively, yet still showed some nice plays, even playing through an injury. he didn't appear to be one of the best players, but it was clear to me that he was one of the most talented players on the team. when training camp started and he was placed higher up the line-up, he looked very good in all the games he played before his new injury.

i think this is just how silf is. he had someone to carry the puck for him (which both da costa and hoffman liked to do), and someone with high i.q. he could pass the puck around with (and make the other team look silly). silf should play with a playmaker and puck carrier.

hoffman is one of the few players we disagree on, lol.

i think hoffman was in line with the skill of those players. that top line was probably the best line in the ahl (didn't see other teams except when we played them, but man oh man, 'dat line), and hoffman played a big part. there are some problems with the hoff's game, but he was not a greening riding shotgun with spezza (referring to points). hoffman scored at a similar pace to da costa while on that top line, and while he was at the tail end of some nice plays, he also started some.

that line was like the pizza line. everyone contributed. if you had to put someone that carried that line though, i would not say it was hoffman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad