Alan Quine redrafted by NYI

Oct 18, 2006
With their sixth-round pick, the Isles pick a center who re-entered the draft after the Red Wings drafted him 85th overall in 2011.
Pretty surprising. Did the Wings make a mistake by not signing him? I know he has good speed, hands and vision but until a late season trade to Belleville hadn't really tapped into the offensive potential we thought we may have. I guess with our shift to all things size he was deemed expendable, but to see him drafted obviously means he's got something about him.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Pretty surprising. Did the Wings make a mistake by not signing him? I know he has good speed, hands and vision but until a late season trade to Belleville hadn't really tapped into the offensive potential we thought we may have. I guess with our shift to all things size he was deemed expendable, but to see him drafted obviously means he's got something about him.

Even if he makes it, what are the chances he's anything more than a bottom6 pker? I don't want to knock that, but there's a fair chance we sign Glendening to do that and he was undrafted out of college.

Anyway, good luck to the guy. I hope he does make it.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
He'll be way down the pecking order among the guys in his draft class. He seems like a solid junior player with not much upside. Like Macek, he just didn't do enough to prove himself.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Good luck to the guy, but he's not going to be more than a bottom-sixer.

RedWingsNow*

Five years ago--- maybe even three years ago, he's a lock for a contract.
But like I said, we've got too many guys under contract as it is. That's another reason I'm not thrilled about signing Glendening.

Take a look at the percentage of kids getting contractsl
11 - 7 out of 8, with one (Hudon) still to be decided
10= 5 out of 6, with one (Marshall) still to be decided
09- 7 out of 7
08 - 3 out of 6 (only Nyquist appears to have a future with the Wings)
07- 3 out of 5 (Smith and Andersson left in the org)
06 - 5 of 7
05 - 5 of 9
04 - 4 of 8
03 - 3 of 8
02 - 5 of 10
01 - 3 of 7
00- 5 of 11
99- 1 of 6
98 - 3 of 11

Clearly -- we're signing more prospects than every before. Competition for contracts is more fierce than ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->