Alan Adams: Young stars list

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentNaslund*

Zherdev not in the rankings? Staal and Zherdev should be around 11 or 12. hilarious list

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
AgentNaslund said:
Zherdev not in the rankings? Staal and Zherdev should be around 11 or 12. hilarious list

Hell, they should be even higher than that. Both guys should be ahead of Bergeron and Parise, just for starters.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
I read this magazine about a month ago and what is Gaborik doing on that list? He's an 82 born and he has played 3 full NHL seasons(should have played 4 if not for the lockout). And Staal is way too low, and J.Johnson should be on that list, not Daley and Barinka.

Sticky*

Alfons said:
This list is published in the only Swedish NHL-magazine Pro Hockey:

1 Crosby
2 Nash
3 Ovechkin
4 Kovalchuk
5 Gaborik
6 Spezza
7 Frolov
8 Bergeron
9 Malkin
10 Ruutu
11 Parise
12 Carter
13 Getzlaf
14 Vanek
15 Kessel
16 Perry
17 Richards
18 Olesz
19 Koivu
20 O´Sullivan
21 Kostistyn
22 Shremp
23 Grigorenko
24 Radulov
25 Staal

Don´t know how well known or respected he is but I think this list is pretty pro Canadian/ pro North American: How can he have Nash before Ovechkin and Kovalchuk? Since Crosby is first it must be pretty much potential based. And where is Zherdev and Semin? They should be top 10, and Bergeron ahead of Malkin :biglaugh:

Comments?

Terrible list, considering Staal should probably be in the top 6-7. HAving PErry, Getzlaf, Osullivan, Richards, Koivu ahead of him is so far off base its not even funny.

Vic Rattlehead*

Alfons said:
This is his lists for D and G

1 Phaneuf
2 Bouwmeester
3 Pitkänen
4 Suter
5 Daley
6 Coburn
7 N. Kronwall
8 Smid
9 Barker
10 Meszaros
11 Tyutin
12 Babchuk
13 Barinka

1 Lehtonen
2 Fleury
3 Lundqvist
4 Montoya
5 Schwarz

No Toivonen?

turnbuckle*

In keeping with the homer theme....no Price?

Toivunen and Price should be ahead of Montoya at this point IMO.

The most debatable ranking, the one that sticks out for me, is having Trevor Daley as the fifth ranked defenceman. He was below average defensively in the AHL last season, I can't see that translating into a successful NHL career. He's a great skater, but the lack of size really hinders him in his own zone.

I also find it odd that he throws Kessel and Crosby in there from the 2005 and 2006 drafts, but that's it. No Ryan, no Johnson, no Brule from this year, no Toews, Mueller, Sheppard from next year. You'd have a tough time convincing me that Babchuck would be mroe highly coveted in NHL circles than Johnson. Hamhuis and Volchenkov should be on that list ahead of Barinka and Babchuck without question, as should Seabrokke, Marc Staal and Bourdon.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Staal at #25. No Zherdev... someone has to get me some of what this guy is on. Staal and Zherdev are top 10 at least right now. Volchenkov should be a top 10 defensive prospect on this list as well. Montoya over Ward, Niitymaki (sp?) and Toivonen right now is a joke.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
triggrman said:
Suprised Hamhuis didn't make the defensemen list, I'm guessing he must not have qualified.

Who is and isn't qualified seems to have been totally chosen at random. Either that or these guys are just really dumb.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Legionnaire said:
Yep. Very NA biased. But there are a lot of things wrong with the list. Staal at 25? Come on.

Amen to that, NA biased and no love for Staal.
I don't agree with Radulov and Schremp also (both should be lower).

espo*

Alfons said:
This list is published in the only Swedish NHL-magazine Pro Hockey:

1 Crosby
2 Nash
3 Ovechkin
4 Kovalchuk
5 Gaborik
6 Spezza
7 Frolov
8 Bergeron
9 Malkin
10 Ruutu
11 Parise
12 Carter
13 Getzlaf
14 Vanek
15 Kessel
16 Perry
17 Richards
18 Olesz
19 Koivu
20 O´Sullivan
21 Kostistyn
22 Shremp
23 Grigorenko
24 Radulov
25 Staal

Don´t know how well known or respected he is but I think this list is pretty pro Canadian/ pro North American: How can he have Nash before Ovechkin and Kovalchuk? Since Crosby is first it must be pretty much potential based. And where is Zherdev and Semin? They should be top 10, and Bergeron ahead of Malkin :biglaugh:

Comments?
Ahead of Kovalchuk no,ahead of Ovechkin is easy to understand.As they always say here at HF boards..............." put players name here "....... has'nt even played a game of hockey in the nhl yet.Of course Nash is listed above Ovechkin,he was 19 last year and scored 41 goals!! Ovechkin has'nt played a damn shift in the nhl yet.Crosby should'nt be ahead of Nash either yet.

Maybe Alex can move above Nash after a year in the nhl but not now.Has'nt proved anything yet.I don't care what he's done in the rsl..........it's the nhl he has to do it at.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
ryz said:
Seems like a good list to me. What is wrong with Nash ahead of AO or Kovalchuk. Kovalchuk will be great and is rated top 5!!, but you tell me when AO wins a Richard trophy at 20. Nash DID IT already. Seems like a top end prospect to me. I'd probably even switch up AO and Kovy.

As for the NA, Euro discrepency, did you not watch the last watch the last WJC and the draft that just past? All involving top prospects and pretty much NA domminated.

I notice an absence of defense on the list. Phaneuf? Suter? Barker?
Nash scored goals but you are bound to when you are selfish like he is. Besides, is their more of a floater in the league?

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Hendo2k said:
Montyoa at 4??

he wasnt even the best Goalie drafted his Draft year Jimmy Howard was...

....drafted in '03 while Montoya was drafted in '04.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
cyclops said:
Maybe Alex can move above Nash after a year in the nhl but not now.Has'nt proved anything yet.I don't care what he's done in the rsl..........it's the nhl he has to do it at.
Oh yes.. so Pat Verbeek was a better player than Kharlamov I guess..

Note: I am not saying I would choose Ovechkin over Nash.

Note #2: this list sucks so blatantly (for the already explained reasons) that I don’t think it’s worth discussing.

mytor4*

jtuzzi said:
I think most people would take Ruutu above Spezza.

ya right, only if your a hawks fan. you take ruutu and the rest of us will take spezza.

espo*

helicecopter said:
Oh yes.. so Pat Verbeek was a better player than Kharlamov I guess..

Note: I am not saying I would choose Ovechkin over Nash.

Note #2: this list sucks so blatantly (for the already explained reasons) that I don’t think it’s worth discussing.
Cmon,that's not the same thing at all and you know it.Kharlamov is basically a hockey legend and we all know he could do it against the best competition in the world,he did it against team Canada lot's of times.ovechkin is a 19 year old kid with nary a minute of playing time in the best league in the world and you take issue with him being ranked lower then a guy who has played two years in the n.h.l and was the co-winner of the Richard trophy playing for none other then those powerhouse Columbus blue jackets?

What were you saying then?It says right in the post...."how can he have Nash ahead of Kovalchuk and Ovechkin" Am i reading that wrong? do you mean something else? Yes,the list sucks.But that part was'nt wrong.

Actually,what do you mean when you said,"i did'nt say that" and you are bringing this up to me anyway.The post i was replying to was from some guy named afons? :dunno:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad