Alain Vigneault

darrenturcotte#8

Sep 17, 2006
I'll reserve judgement until we're 50 games into his first season or so...

HOWEVER, did anyone else catch Brad Richards on the ice in a 4 or 4 situation up by a goal with 4 mins to go in the 3rd Vs. the Jackets?

Before I could complete my sentence of "why is Richards on the ice?", he had already been beaten in the neutral zone leading to a 3 on 2 and a great scoring chance. If that's the kind of coaching decisions we can come to expect, this isn't going to end well. I don't blame Richards for that. You can't put THAT guy in THAT situation...

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
What would they do about it?

Leetch woulda went and blocked the net Adam Banks style!

But I like AV always have from his Vancouver days... Sometimes I wish he let the players take that penalty to help a teammate but I know he likes to be the bigger team and not get sucked into the dirty stuff

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I'll reserve judgement until we're 50 games into his first season or so...

HOWEVER, did anyone else catch Brad Richards on the ice in a 4 or 4 situation up by a goal with 4 mins to go in the 3rd Vs. the Jackets?

Before I could complete my sentence of "why is Richards on the ice?", he had already been beaten in the neutral zone leading to a 3 on 2 and a great scoring chance. If that's the kind of coaching decisions we can come to expect, this isn't going to end well. I don't blame Richards for that. You can't put THAT guy in THAT situation...

AV doesn't like to hold back at the end of games (we just played bag in the 3rd last game)
Richards wasn't out there to defend. He was out there to keep the puck.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
All these people saying it's not the coach but the players should take a look at the Rangers this season compared to last season.

- We actually play 4 lines, rather than players having 25-30 minutes of TOI
- No dump & chase but taking advantage of the space you have when crossing the halfway line
- Players are not benched after 1 mistake, building confidence for those fringe players

I love the player management by AV and am really happy we switched from the 6-goalie counter system of Torts to this more composed system.

Well said. I'm glad to see us winning but even if we were still struggling it is just peasant to watch them play now. It is almost like watching hockey again.

Thank you AV.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Well said. I'm glad to see us winning but even if we were still struggling it is just peasant to watch them play now. It is almost like watching hockey again.

Thank you AV.

If the first half of the season was pleasant to watch for you I really don't know what to say.

Glad to see the team doing better, still not convinced he's a better coach than Torts.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I feel like AV is now better understanding of his players and staff and knows how to work with them. I like it. He is composed and rolls lines and isn't quick to bench.

Dorado*

I feel like AV is now better understanding of his players and staff and knows how to work with them. I like it. He is composed and rolls lines and isn't quick to bench.

With an in form Hank and a few young players developing and a couple of additions , the Rangers under AV May not be CUp ready this year or next but are certainly much more fun to watch than Torts in the Bunker with Eva Braun Sully clinging for his life .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->