Player Discussion Alain Vigneault Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
He just seems lost at this point. Overusing hank then starting Georgiev in back to backs. Not sure if I’m rooting for the rangers to fire him now or wait until the offseason to help the tank

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
after today deadline one would have to think this loser will be gone at seasons end? I mean does gorton think av isnt the problem and that the players were? Got to think if youre gonig to rebuild its going to be with a fresh coaching staff

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
The roster is so much worse now I'm sure they could fire him and still finish near the bottom.

If he's here next year, we're screwed. I'll leave it at that. He's done nothing to earn coming back. Literally nothing.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
They should have fired him last year to see what these players looked like under another coach. They didn't, which forced their hand (they HAD to trade the UFA's, which made pushing for a larger re-build more palatable). If they triple down by giving this clown ANOTHER chance? I will officially be on the fire Gorts bandwagon. AV has been part of the problem. The fresh roster needs a fresh coach. Time to bring in someone more like Renney to develop these kids.

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I don't think AV will be back. This hard reset probably has team mind-set as a target, as well as the skills and attributes of individual players. I don't think a GM taking on a major project like Gorton is already well underway on, and with more road to travel, will not want to remove such a major influence as the head coach.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
But with whom do you replace him? I frankly am not an AV fan. But with a team full of kids, a guy who has the aura of authority (due to tenure) might have some value.
I mean, were there a great option out there I’d be happy to remove AV. But who replaces him? The HFD coach? The Marlins coach? These guys are the answer? I really think they’re going to let AV make his case/ present a plan.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
If this schmuck can remain as a coach because he can hide behind the arguments "we had many injuries and we're in a rebuild", I'm going ballistic. If he's not fired after this season (after the tank, the only reason to keep him), I quit watching this team. This clown is not the right coach for a rebuild, especially not when the emphasis will be on young players whom he kills off like a sumo wrestler consuming rice.

His joke defense is not the way to go, ever. He has been riding the waves of the work of others long enough, both in Vancouver and New York.

Reactions: Inferno

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Seeing is believing. If AV is here at the start of the season, and you really are capable of just quitting, I fully expect to never hear from you again :laugh:
Most definitely. If the NYR franchise that is utterly inept at signing UFAs that don't underperform and brings the worst combination of player qualities compared to coaching demands, I will just acknowledge the NYR franchise has a clown owner that doesn't really care about the results, since they are bringing in a steady profit. If he can't see his GMs are utterly incompetent, I will suggest he either is incompetent or doesn't care. Meaning, the owner is only seeing the franchise as a business and doesn't care about what happens that much, unless he doesn't gain profit.

That will be the final nail in the coffin for me, realizing to the fullest that NYR is a product in an entertainment industry and not a sports club. I don't hold my breath in the probable assumption that Dolan doesn't care about much more than his profit.

I cannot legitimize an entertainment business under the veil of actually pretending to be a competitive sports team, that randomly becomes good.

If you trade Grabner and keep Vigneault, that is my litmus test. If Vigneault is left as a coach this autumn, I'm out of here for good, because I won't give Dolan the satisfaction of my attention. Enough is enough of this entertainment clown franchise on the brink of utter contempt. The arrow pointing towards Dolan's ownership is strongly pointing towards a joke. You want me to mention the Knicks? No, I don't think so. It's gaining money though. I am inches away from the middle finger and I feel sorry for those who feel the urge to stick.

Not that I'm inches away from ditching ship anyway. I detest a predatory business model that is actively draining the quality of culture from other countries -and its own, without ever wanting to give something back. Meaning, the entire hockey world is being drained of talent, with nothing being given back, except for the the other league being run by criminal oligarchs, with stolen billions from the Russian people. How fitting. All this exploitation happening because the other hockey leagues are poorer. How fitting according to this system. Because it's a "legitimate business model", meaning you devour everything else under civilized law.

At least legitimate sports leagues compensate the chain of clubs up to a growing star, because they know the importance of growth in the sport and value the worth of the growth of the actual sport. In actual sports leagues, it's not just business, the actual sport has a cultural soul not only kept by the fans and the players, but also the owners.

That's why American sports leagues are total shit (NBA, NFL, NHL). It's just profitable business. It's an entertainment industry without a soul. That's why the olympics was a total breakdown for hockey. It was a standoff between the IOC and the NHL, the equivalent of Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump. Two corrupt madmen without common sense, devoured by their own hunger.

Last edited:

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
f*** you AV you dumb f*** f***ing cost us a Cup misused every single player who you ever got your disgusting hands on

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Most definitely. If the NYR franchise that is utterly inept at signing UFAs that don't underperform and brings the worst combination of player qualities compared to coaching demands, I will just acknowledge the NYR franchise has a clown owner that doesn't really care about the results, since they are bringing in a steady profit. If he can't see his GMs are utterly incompetent, I will suggest he either is incompetent or doesn't care. Meaning, the owner is only seeing the franchise as a business and doesn't care about what happens that much, unless he doesn't gain profit.

That will be the final nail in the coffin for me, realizing to the fullest that NYR is a product in an entertainment industry and not a sports club. I don't hold my breath in the probable assumption that Dolan doesn't care about much more than his profit.

I cannot legitimize an entertainment business under the veil of actually pretending to be a competitive sports team, that randomly becomes good.

If you trade Grabner and keep Vigneault, that is my litmus test. If Vigneault is left as a coach this autumn, I'm out of here for good, because I won't give Dolan the satisfaction of my attention. Enough is enough of this entertainment clown franchise on the brink of utter contempt. The arrow pointing towards Dolan's ownership is strongly pointing towards a joke. You want me to mention the Knicks? No, I don't think so. It's gaining money though. I am inches away from the middle finger and I feel sorry for those who feel the urge to stick.

Not that I'm inches away from ditching ship anyway. I detest a predatory business model that is actively draining the quality of culture from other countries -and its own, without ever wanting to give something back. Meaning, the entire hockey world is being drained of talent, with nothing being given back, except for the the other league being run by criminal oligarchs, with stolen billions from the Russian people. How fitting. All this exploitation happening because the other hockey leagues are poorer. How fitting according to this system. Because it's a "legitimate business model", meaning you devour everything else under civilized law.

At least legitimate sports leagues compensate the chain of clubs up to a growing star, because they know the importance of growth in the sport and value the worth of the growth of the actual sport. In actual sports leagues, it's not just business, the actual sport has a cultural soul not only kept by the fans and the players, but also the owners.

That's why American sports leagues are total **** (NBA, NFL, NHL). It's just profitable business. It's an entertainment industry without a soul. That's why the olympics was a total breakdown for hockey. It was a standoff between the IOC and the NHL, the equivalent of Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump. Two corrupt madmen without common sense, devoured by their own hunger.
first of all Edmonton Arizona and Buffalo all still have fans and they suck way worse then we expect to; also if American sports are shit why bother watching them people shit on them but we literally have the best leagues in the world....

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
first of all Edmonton Arizona and Buffalo all still have fans and they suck way worse then we expect to; also if American sports are **** why bother watching them people **** on them but we literally have the best leagues in the world....
The athletes are great. The business model is awful.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I still don`t understand how Vancouver had 55 SOG - Sedins are about to retire too. :)
It can`t only be AV defensive system.. ..cannot.))

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
I would rather have my 2 year old coach next year.

She would do a better job.

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
A Canucks fan posted this in another thread.

Grub said:
Since you're a Ranger fan, I feel bad that you folks still have Alain Vigneault. Looking at your fan base posts, it's like De Ja Vu for me on what the Canuck fan base was saying half a decade ago. Did you guys enjoy his love affair for Tanner Glass and fourth line scrubs? If you go by our timeline AV should be gone real soon.

It's really funny, you guys have the exact same timeline as us. Have Alain Vigneault coach your team while having a franchise goalie (Luongo for us Lunqvist for you). Win some playoff rounds and go to the epitome of greatness in the Stanley Cup Finals.....only to crash and burn like there's no tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->