Confirmed with Link: Alain Vigneault fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
1000000000000000% that his comments pissed off management through and through. What an asinine stance to take. You don't talk about the players, the year, the future and give the fans some platitude to feel good about. You don't talk about the direction of the franchise or pride or whatever. You talk about f***ing your coaching history dating back to the 90s. First coach to be fired for good reason.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I'd be worried if it did.

I think this was decided on the second they decided to sell.

Excited to see who they bring on board. No NHL retreads please.

Oh, I’ve thought he was gone when Gorton was non-commttal after the trade deadline. I’m just wondering if they originally planned to wait until breakup day, and then heard him run his mouth and said screw this end it now.

Ben Culotta

Oct 5, 2017
Toronto
I thought he was a pretty good coach. Players just didn't
gel anymore or didn't give a shit. Can't really blame him for all the Ranger problems.

Reactions: egelband

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I think he deserved the benefit of the doubt of an exit interview, but then again, this year was a miserable f***ing tire fire of a season to watch because he refused to adjust and wouldn't deviate from his prior methods.

Thanks for the runs in 13 and 14, but see ya later. Coaches have their frustrations their drive us crazy, but goddamn did AV drive me mad over these past 3 years. He should've been fired after the Ottawa debacle. Idiots will blame Hank, but that was the worst coaching I've seen in the playoffs in nearly a decade.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
nsek9.jpg
BOOM!
GTFO!!

#ByeFelicia

Attachments

• nsek9.jpg
    nsek9.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: