Al Strachan?

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
I think it had something to do with his book. Not because it slammed the Leafs, but because he put the HNIC logo on it without permission.

I'm in the minority - l really enjoyed his columns and his Hot Stove discussions. He was the Healy in the 90s.

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
Retired, from what I remember

Slightly off topic, does anyone have a clip of Burke and Strachan going at it on Hotstove, circa 2005 or thereabouts? Searched youtube but no luck.

EDDIE20*

Strachan is an idiot. Why Hotstove cannot hire intelligent hockey people is beyond me.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Don't mean to bother, but on twitter I remember someone asked him why he believed he got fired, and he said it was because of Leaf management wanted him gone.

I loved Strachan, I think at the end the game past him by just like Cherry a little, but he was fun on TV.

Use to love seeing him on the Score, with Steve ludzik, and Steve Kouleas.

Apr 1, 2010
IS it his son Tyson that plays for FLA?

He was a punk. The Bettman of hockey journalism. Don't miss him at all.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
He's alive and well on Twitter, certainly doesn't pull any punches. Claims Burke had him fired and that the Leafs run HNIC. He's a really fun follow, especially because he goes after other media guys when he thinks they're wrong, he'll call out just about anyone.

31713488.jpg

EDDIE20*

He's alive and well on Twitter, certainly doesn't pull any punches. Claims Burke had him fired and that the Leafs run HNIC. He's a really fun follow, especially because he goes after other media guys when he thinks they're wrong, he'll call out just about anyone.

Considering some of the absolutely assinine trade ideas he's put out, I don't doubt this for a second.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Don't mean to bother, but on twitter I remember someone asked him why he believed he got fired, and he said it was because of Leaf management wanted him gone.

I loved Strachan, I think at the end the game past him by just like Cherry a little, but he was fun on TV.

That was really good show.

EDDIE20*

He'll call out anyone but God forbid someone does the same to him. Burke got him fired, remember?:nod:

Preisst*

Jun 11, 2008
Western Canada
He was quite smug and it strongly appeared that he thought really really really highly of himself. Can't say I miss him but I don't pay to much attention to any of the 'talking heads' anyway.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Me too, that was an excellent show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad