Injury Report: Al Montoya placed on IR

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Since there seems to be some confusion about Montoya's availability for the game yesterday. This was per Scott Brown's original tweet about the Kulda signing.

Guessing it's retroactive to Wednesday, meaning Monty could be made available for the Caps game on Thursday.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Since there seems to be some confusion about Montoya's availability for the game yesterday. This was per Scott Brown's original tweet about the Kulda signing.

Guessing it's retroactive to Wednesday, meaning Monty could be made available for the Caps game on Thursday.

sorry Hank I am having trouble following the bouncing ball.... are you saying Monty is possibly good to go for Thursday or Friday this week?

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
sorry Hank I am having trouble following the bouncing ball.... are you saying Monty is possibly good to go for Thursday or Friday this week?

depends on,

1) if he is healthy
2) if/when he was retro actively put on the IR

If it is to Wednesday last week, he could be eligible to come off for Thursdays game.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

Sorry, I should've been more clear. The earliest he could be activated would be for Thursday's game.

Players on IR must be there for a minimum of 7 days, but you're allowed to put a player on IR retroactive to the day they were injured, provided they haven't dressed in any games since then.

Pretty sure I have that right and it hasn't been changed for the new CBA. Holden will be around to give me hell if I got it wrong.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
This worries me a little bit, if he has a groin issue that could take a while to heal. Will Pavs play all four games this week now?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Sorry, I should've been more clear. The earliest he could be activated would be for Thursday's game.

Players on IR must be there for a minimum of 7 days, but you're allowed to put a player on IR retroactive to the day they were injured, provided they haven't dressed in any games since then.

Pretty sure I have that right and it hasn't been changed for the new CBA. Holden will be around to give me hell if I got it wrong.

Nailed it.

This is just a roster clearing move to open up a spot for Kulda right now.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Hehe, whoever maintains their website must be lurking here...

Not sure what you're seeing ????? When I look him up he's there. Has been there since he was called up.

Wasn't there when I last checked on Thursday. I remember because I was doing a quick count of their roster numbers, and he wasn't included.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Not sure what you're seeing ????? When I look him up he's there. Has been there since he was called up.

Nope. I see him now, but he was added to the Jets roster this afternoon, has not been listed there since his call-up until this afternoon.

If they are lurking here, TAKE JOHN ALBERT OFF THE PROSPECT LIST! :laugh:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Nope. I see him now, but he was added to the Jets roster this afternoon, has not been listed there since his call-up until this afternoon.

If they are lurking here, TAKE JOHN ALBERT OFF THE PROSPECT LIST! :laugh:

Watch it disappear in a few hours. :laugh:

Going OT, but one thing that I considered as a possibility; could Albert still be on the 90 player reserve list?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Watch it disappear in a few hours. :laugh:

Going OT, but one thing that I considered as a possibility; could Albert still be on the 90 player reserve list?

Nope. You cannot just place somebody on the 90 player reserve list. Once a player has elapsed his drafting rights like Winnipeg has let happen with Albert, you must have a contract or have had a contract (ie RFA) to still be on the reserve list.

I've been calling for his removal for a while now. But the Jets just recently got around to updating Lasu, Leveille and a few others, so I imagine it will take forever to get that one fixed as well. Hell they had Jason King on the "In The System" page at one point last year :shakehead

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Nope. You cannot just place somebody on the 90 player reserve list. Once a player has elapsed his drafting rights like Winnipeg has let happen with Albert, you must have a contract or have had a contract (ie RFA) to still be on the reserve list.

That's what I figured, that it had to be an NHL SPC to stay on the reserve list.

It's strange though, not only does the website have him but so does the Jets media guide. Guess the entire Jets communication department has yet to receive the memo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad