Al Michaels will not call playoff game for NBC anymore

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

I like Michaels calling games even at this stage of career. He is straight forward with it and to me that is good thing

Pretty terrible to force him out like this without him knowing it was coming

I think he deserved better. Let him know you plan to move on and have him close it out this year as a goodbye sendoff.

Dont blindside the guy

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

I like Michaels calling games even at this stage of career. He is straight forward with it and to me that is good thing

Pretty terrible to force him out like this without him knowing it was coming

I think he deserved better. Let him know you plan to move on and have him close it out this year as a goodbye sendoff.

Dont blindside the guy

His time was at an end. Been a great career. Too bad that he's doing the TNF which are not great due to the lack of time for recovery and practice. That SEA/DAL game the prior week was great because both played on Thanksgiving and thus had the full week to prepare.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's sad but Al has clearly lost his fastball & many times seems bored/uninterested in the games he is calling. I don't want him to go out in the sad way Summerall did.
I missed the sea/dal game. How was he on that one? Seemed like a fun one to call. But, the rest? No much to be thrilled about.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Really like Al Michaels, it's a shame to see him go out this way, but that's how it is I suppose. One of my favorite broadcasters for sure.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
NBC has a second team so they don’t really need him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad