Al Michaels leaves NBC for Amazon (TNF), and others

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Amazon should complete their TNF lineup with Dan Dierdorf as a second color commentator. Then the TNF crew can be loaned to ESPN as the main team for games broadcasts by ABC (which I want ABC's specific broadcasts to cater to those who watched MNF in the 1990s).

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I’m indifferent with Michaels. There are times where he seems so interested in the games, and then others it’s terrible
CBS top due remains intact with Nance/Romo.
ESPN upgraded to Buck/Aikman from what they have had since Gruden left for the Raiders 4 years ago. The Tirico/Gruden pairing was good, but they had a lot of lousy games to cover
NBC moving Tirico whom they got from ESPN years ago into the PBP position with Collingsworth.
Amazon went with Michaels/Herbstreit. Took the big name and went with the top ESPN college color guy. Little surprised that they didn't target someone who was more focused on the NFL in recent years.

Fox is the curious one. They had Buck/Aikman, so like most things in life, you don't want to pay more for the same thing that you currently have. But, they hold the next Super Bowl rights. So, there is no time for their top duo to get up to speed. Plus, with the NFC having such a distinct disadvantage in terms of QB, it's going to be a lot of the same teams for the top duo to cover in Rams, Packers, Bucs, Cowboys. Can move in and out of SF games depending on how well Lance plays. AZ if they falter in the second half as they have done during the Murray era. Philly/Wash/Min hard to know who will be good.

doublejman

Oct 28, 2016
It’s looking like Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen will be the lead Fox crew, basically everyone will move one spot higher.

I believe Dan Dierdorf is retired, he hasn’t done national work in years and Amazon or any network isn’t seriously considering him anyways.

Last edited:

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
CBS top due remains intact with Nance/Romo.
ESPN upgraded to Buck/Aikman from what they have had since Gruden left for the Raiders 4 years ago. The Tirico/Gruden pairing was good, but they had a lot of lousy games to cover
NBC moving Tirico whom they got from ESPN years ago into the PBP position with Collingsworth.
Amazon went with Michaels/Herbstreit. Took the big name and went with the top ESPN college color guy. Little surprised that they didn't target someone who was more focused on the NFL in recent years.

Fox is the curious one. They had Buck/Aikman, so like most things in life, you don't want to pay more for the same thing that you currently have. But, they hold the next Super Bowl rights. So, there is no time for their top duo to get up to speed. Plus, with the NFC having such a distinct disadvantage in terms of QB, it's going to be a lot of the same teams for the top duo to cover in Rams, Packers, Bucs, Cowboys. Can move in and out of SF games depending on how well Lance plays. AZ if they falter in the second half as they have done during the Murray era. Philly/Wash/Min hard to know who will be good.

Believe you mean the AFC has the QB advantage.

The new rights aren't nearly as divided by conference, FOX gets some big AFC matchups and vice versa CBS with the NFC.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I believe Dan Dierdorf is retired, he hasn’t done national work in years and Amazon or any network isn’t seriously considering him anyways.
I don't know, having the living members of the greatest post-Cosell MNF team work together for the first time in 24 years seems like too good an opportunity to pass up.

(edited post to make it sound better)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad