OT: Al MacInnis's Daughter @ Northeastern

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I was watching the Northeastern University Huskies women's team yesterday blowing out the visiting Holy Cross Crusaders in a Hockey East conference match, and I saw a familiar name on the back of an NU defender's sweater: "MACINNIS". Senior Lauren MacInnis, daughter of Jackie & Al MacInnis, is in her 4th year with the Huskies. No, she did NOT inherit her father's cannon of a slapshot, but she does play solid defensively and seems to have good awareness on the ice. Another St. Louis-born hockey player who has moved on to a higher plateau in the game - and this one's a girl, too. :thumbu:

Last edited:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
For anyone wanting to sneak a peek at Al (and Jackie) MacInnis's contribution to college hockey, the NEU Lady Huskies @ New Hampshire are scheduled for the CBS Sports free stream starting at 6:00 p.m. Central tonight (Fri. 2/12). Look for the familiar #2 on the black (or maybe red) road jersey. A little pucks warm-up before the Blues vs. Coyotes match-up (again).

ETA: Sorry, the Northeastern MEN are playing @ UNH tonight. NEU women are on the CBS Sports free stream @ 2:00 PM Eastern on Saturday. :facepalm:

Last edited:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Congratulations to Lauren MacInnis and her Northeastern University Huskies teammates on winning the team's 4th straight Hockey East championship on Saturday night. Lauren's outlet bank pass off the center ice boards earned her the lone assist on what held up to be the game-winning goal in the #1 ranked Huskies' 6-2 victory over the #9 ranked Providence College Friars.

The Huskies now await decisions by the special NCAA committee to determine where & when NU will begin their pursuit of the 2021 Division I national women's hockey title. Good luck to them. :clap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad