Al MacInnis appreciation thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
I just wanted to start a thread for Al. I dont have any specific Vivid memories of him to talk about. I just want to say that when we signed him 10 years ago all I knew about him for sure was that he had the hardest slapshot around.

As I began to watch him every night I began to notice that he was a complete player who was among the best of his era.

Incredibly smart D-man who was as sound positionally as they come

Made great outlet passes

Quiet unassuming leader who led by example and never aired team laundry in the media.

Great guy, glad he stayed in STL permantly and the HOf awaits in 3 years.

Gonna miss ya AL

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
The Chopper, baby!

A rock on the blueline, a slapper for the ages. Time to dust off that old #2 jersey.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
moneyp said:
The Chopper, baby!

A rock on the blueline, a slapper for the ages. Time to dust off that old #2 jersey.
Moneyp Is that the late Great Hunter S Thompson in your avatar. Great writer and I miss him.

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
c-carp said:
Moneyp Is that the late Great Hunter S Thompson in your avatar. Great writer and I miss him.
It is, and I miss him too. He was a dear friend of my family. I don't know if it ever showed up in his writing, but he was a hockey fan as well.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
moneyp said:
It is, and I miss him too. He was a dear friend of my family. I don't know if it ever showed up in his writing, but he was a hockey fan as well.

that is awesome that you knew him, He was one of a kind. Very cool that he was a hockey fan.

Eradicator

Jul 11, 2005
c-carp said:
Great guy, glad he stayed in STL permantly and the HOf awaits in 3 years.

Could be as little as 2 years. TSN story last night said the HHOF will count the lockout season as one year towards the 3 year waiting period. This applies to Stevens and Messier as well

Little Wing

Jul 17, 2004
Desert-ed
I got chime in here.
I grew up in Denver and back in the early '80's, we had Calgary's farm club, the Colorado Flames for 2 seasons. '82-'83, and 83-'84 if i remember correctly. Any how my mother had a gig in media relations for the club and Macinnis and Vernon were on that club. That takes me way back, i used to go to every game i was 13 and 14 or so so i didn't miss any work, but it was my mothers job so i got to tag along every home game for 2 seasons.
I don't have a Macinnis story, but i do have a Mike Vernon one.

One night after a game, My mother was interviewing Vernon, (she wrote the cover stories on the players for the game programs) In a little lounge area at McNichol's arena, and it was just the 3 of us, Well the interview went well and long, so Vernon missed his ride home, and we gave him a ride back to his townhouse.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
He and Bobby Hull might have put the fear of god into more goaltenders than the rest combined.

Great career for Big Al.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad