AJ Thelen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
I saw this young defenseman play a couple of days ago and i've been really impressed! He's got a good shape and he's very skilled... I made a little research on him and i noticed that this guy is just 17 and he already play in CCHA for Michigan State...Look at his stats this year...it's pretty amazing for a young d-man...27GP 8G 14A 22pts...Why there is no hype around him for next year draft? i could see him being a top 15 pick for the next draft...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Komi#1 said:
I saw this young defenseman play a couple of days ago and i've been really impressed! He's got a good shape and he's very skilled... I made a little research on him and i noticed that this guy is just 17 and he already play in CCHA for Michigan State...Look at his stats this year...it's pretty amazing for a young d-man...27GP 8G 14A 22pts...Why there is no hype around him for next year draft? i could see him being a top 15 pick for the next draft...

I've seen him play once, and was impressed. But I would be surprised if he doesn't opt out. But we'll have to wait and see, it will be very interesting to see who opts out, as I would guess Stafford, O'Neil, Thelen all opt out, but that's just a guess. Don't know about Pineault, but that's a lot of talent missing in the draft if they aren't in it.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Thelen is underrated, he has alot of skill to go along with a big frame.

He reminds me alot of Fedor Tyutin, Ranger prospect.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I had a thread on him 4 weeks into the college season. I have liked him all year and seen him play twice. He is alot like Ron Hainsey without the attitude IMO.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
I had a thread on him 4 weeks into the college season. I have liked him all year and seen him play twice. He is alot like Ron Hainsey without the attitude IMO.
:eek: he's that good :eek: damn i just can't imagine hainsey without his attitude !! :handclap:

Funkymoses

montreal said:
I've seen him play once, and was impressed. But I would be surprised if he doesn't opt out. But we'll have to wait and see, it will be very interesting to see who opts out, as I would guess Stafford, O'Neil, Thelen all opt out, but that's just a guess. Don't know about Pineault, but that's a lot of talent missing in the draft if they aren't in it.

With the year Pineault's having I'd be very surprised to see him in the draft.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Funkymoses said:
With the year Pineault's having I'd be very surprised to see him in the draft.

Finally... someone else who sees it.

The thing with Adam is this... Bobby Orr's firm represents him, I can't see them recommending not opting into this year's draft. So he can be drafted under the old CBA rules regarding draft picks.

But Adam won't be a 1st rounder if he keeps up this season so the question then begs, does losing his NCAA eligiblity as a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rounder make it worth it when next year if he gets his head back on straight could be a 1st rounder? It's something Adam and his family need to closely comb through.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
montreal said:

Just a note... they don't have to opt-out. They just don't fill in their paperwork to opt-in.

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
Finally Thelen is turning some heads. People don't seem to notice that he is ranked ahead of Wes O'Neill. He is very underrated on these boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad