AJ Thelen

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Has anyone seen the team usa wjc preview in last weeks hockey news. they mention aj thelen as being one of usa team leaders on defense, yet he wasnt named to the team. just wondering if it was assumed by most experts that he would be named to the team, and there wasnt enough time to edit the article. is he the first alternate if a defenseman goes down?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
orangeandblack said:
Has anyone seen the team usa wjc preview in last weeks hockey news. they mention aj thelen as being one of usa team leaders on defense, yet he wasnt named to the team. just wondering if it was assumed by most experts that he would be named to the team, and there wasnt enough time to edit the article. is he the first alternate if a defenseman goes down?

Before the season started he was as much a shoo-in as anyone. He literally played his way off the team. If there is an injury, I'm sure he's one of the top candidates, but I could be mistaken.

Canadian

Mar 1, 2002
Markham, Ontario
I think anytime you have an eligible returnee, it's an expected given that they'll make the team. Atleast that's the thinking behind it. I guess this is a prime example of how this "given" is not such a given after all for any player on any team.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Canadian said:
I think anytime you have an eligible returnee, it's an expected given that they'll make the team. Atleast that's the thinking behind it. I guess this is a prime example of how this "given" is not such a given after all for any player on any team.

Thelen wasn't on the team last year.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
yea he wasnt on the team last year, even though i think he could be a better fit then hunwick or likens for this season, i think hed play alot better w the better players the us would surround him with. i guess thelen or lashoff would be first alternates.

Canadian

Mar 1, 2002
Markham, Ontario
Rabid Ranger said:
Thelen wasn't on the team last year.

My mistake, I thought he was, must have slipped my mind. I guess the fact that he was drafted so high this past summer gave me the idea that he was on the team. Once again, my bad, I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad