Player Discussion Airport encounter

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Just thought I'd post this here. Likely no one cares, but wanted to say we were on our way to Florida and the Flames were heading out to Chicago a couple of weeks ago. We saw the whole team and it was the Dads trip. My wife who is a recent immigrant has become a big Flames fan after we went to a couple of games. Her favorite players are Monahan and Gaudreau. They both took the time to talk with her and even posed for a photo. Absolutely made her day. Thanks to those two guys and it's nice to have good people playing for the team!

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Just thought I'd post this here. Likely no one cares, but wanted to say we were on our way to Florida and the Flames were heading out to Chicago a couple of weeks ago. We saw the whole team and it was the Dads trip. My wife who is a recent immigrant has become a big Flames fan after we went to a couple of games. Her favorite players are Monahan and Gaudreau. They both took the time to talk with her and even posed for a photo. Absolutely made her day. Thanks to those two guys and it's nice to have good people playing for the team!

Awesome! I met Gaudreau back in Toronto during WCH and he's a very nice guy but very shy haha didn't really talk to me.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
LOL.

It can be odd meeting players in airports.
Got on a plane once and saw a former player stowing his carry on. I quickly asked what he was up to and he said he was scouting. (Like a 15 second convo.)
After we deplaned, we were in line at customs and he was beside me in the next line. He started talking to me. After we cleared he was back talking to me. As we waited for our rides, I was still talking.

It didn't clue in until after but he must have been so lonely. They say scouting is a lonely life and it seemed like he just wanted someone to talk to. I wish I could go back and do more than feel weird and uncomfortable by the whole thing. I had this get away from me freak thing going on in my head.
In hindsight I feel sorry for him.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Post a pic or it didn’t happen.
mcdavid-awkward-photo.jpg

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Came for some spicy encounter stories....

That’s cool though. Don’t they fly their own plane? Where’d you see them? Just curious.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Came for some spicy encounter stories....

That’s cool though. Don’t they fly their own plane? Where’d you see them? Just curious.
The new part of the airport. We were waiting to fly out to Orlando and they all walked by. They fly chartered planes, but don't have their own team plane.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
The new part of the airport. We were waiting to fly out to Orlando and they all walked by. They fly chartered planes, but don't have their own team plane.
Ah gotcha. For some reason I thought they would fly from the “private jet area” of the airport where they do security through there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->