Air Travel

BigBlue11

Sep 10, 2010
For anyone that has ever flown with hockey equipment;

Which airlines made it cheapest (and easy) to check your bag and sticks?
Which airlines let you bring your sticks on as a personal item?
Which airlines considered a hockey bag or stick bag an "oversized item.?

Any advice on how to travel cheaply with hockey equipment would be appreciated

Also, Jetblue doesn't fly to the airport I need to get to so please reccomend the other airlines that have been cheap and easy for you

mbeam

Jun 8, 2008
Don't know where you're from but I flew from Vancouver to Las Vegas with Air Canada and they counted my hockey bag as luggage (no extra cost) and I was allowed to tape up my sticks with it. Of course, I'm sure Canadian airlines are a bit more lenient with that sort of thing. They understand the importance.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
I've flown Delta and been able to check my gear bag with the sticks taped to it counting as 1 bag which was free with my Amex Delta credit card. I don't think any airport in the US will let you take sticks through security. don't know about Canada.
the only hassle I've ever encountered was upon returning home I have to go to a special "oversized" carousel to retrieve my bag. it's in with all the golf clubs and skis.

mbeam

Jun 8, 2008
I've flown Delta and been able to check my gear bag with the sticks taped to it counting as 1 bag which was free with my Amex Delta credit card. I don't think any airport in the US will let you take sticks through security. don't know about Canada.
the only hassle I've ever encountered was upon returning home I have to go to a special "oversized" carousel to retrieve my bag. it's in with all the golf clubs and skis.

No, we had to check ours as well. They're too big and could be weapons, I guess, to carry on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad