OT: Air Canada Centre Questions

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
I'm heading to Toronto from Rochester for NXT Takeover on November 19th. This will be my first time going to the ACC so I have a few questions hopefully someone here can answer.

1. Is it quicker to get back on Gardiner Expressway West right by the arena immediately after an event or take Lakeshore Blvd (and if so, where would I get back on the expressway)?

2. Where is a good place to park near the arena that will get me back on the expressway or Lakeshore quickly? Price does not matter.

3. How is Real Sports Bar & Grill? Is it so busy on Saturday afternoons that I need to make reservations or can we just walk in and get a table fairly quickly?

Thanks in advance.

JohnnyO

Aug 10, 2008
I'm heading to Toronto from Rochester for NXT Takeover on November 19th. This will be my first time going to the ACC so I have a few questions hopefully someone here can answer.

1. Is it quicker to get back on Gardiner Expressway West right by the arena immediately after an event or take Lakeshore Blvd (and if so, where would I get back on the expressway)?

2. Where is a good place to park near the arena that will get me back on the expressway or Lakeshore quickly? Price does not matter.

3. How is Real Sports Bar & Grill? Is it so busy on Saturday afternoons that I need to make reservations or can we just walk in and get a table fairly quickly?

Thanks in advance.
Can't answer any of your questions, but I'm sure people will be able to help you out here. Anyway going to the event myself,:yo: pretty pumped!

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
If you're just going to downtown Toronto for the event and nothing else, and can stay close to the ACC for dinner and whatever. Just park at one of the Lakeshore West GO stations (Burlington, Oakville, etc.) and take the GO Train in. Parking at their stations is free and you don't deal with traffic on the QEW / Gardiner. Plus, it runs every 30 minutes all-day.

Leafs27

Ceci n'est pas un joueur de hockey.
Mar 13, 2007
Kingston, ON
If you're just going to downtown Toronto for the event and nothing else, and can stay close to the ACC for dinner and whatever. Just park at one of the Lakeshore West GO stations (Burlington, Oakville, etc.) and take the GO Train in. Parking at their stations is free and you don't deal with traffic on the QEW / Gardiner. Plus, it runs every 30 minutes all-day.

Just be aware that the last train leaves at 00:43, so don't get stranded!

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London

Thanks in advance.

My favourite place to park is the Toyota Dealership at Front Street just west of Spadina. Address is 524 Front St W, Toronto, ON.

It's usually about 20 bucks, there's usually spots available and generally don't get stuck when heading back to the Gardiner after the event. There can be some bog down right after, but usually not that bad as when coming to Toronto imo.

For reference, I use this lot during Jays games and have never had a problem with it.

Have fun at Takeover. I'll be at Survivor Series myself! :cheers:

JohnnyO

Aug 10, 2008
My favourite place to park is the Toyota Dealership at Front Street just west of Spadina. Address is 524 Front St W, Toronto, ON.

It's usually about 20 bucks, there's usually spots available and generally don't get stuck when heading back to the Gardiner after the event. There can be some bog down right after, but usually not that bad as when coming to Toronto imo.

For reference, I use this lot during Jays games and have never had a problem with it.

Have fun at Takeover. I'll be at Survivor Series myself! :cheers:
Nice, let us know how it goes. Probably my first show (NXTakeover) in 15 + years

Last edited:

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto

Thanks in advance.

1. I always go directly to the Gardiner - I prefer to take the extra couple of minutes to get to the Gardiner than to take local roads - it's all going to be busy, particularly after an event.

2. I usually park at Royal Bank Plaza. You have to walk inside the plaza to get outside and into ACC but I don't mind it because I find that the 5 minute walk does help a bit with the traffic that's happening right after an event. Calms down just a bit by the time I get to my car and ready to go.

3. I like Real Sports and tend to go when I'm in the arena. I would highly recommend making reservations if you want a table. You don't need reservations for the bar (they still offer full service menu at the bar).

Enjoy the event :)

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
1. I'd suggest parking at one of the GO Stations west of the city (Mimico is my favourite, just far enough out of the city to avoid much of the traffic jams on both the Gardiner AND Lakeshore) and getting the train from Union to Mimico directly after the game. It's about 15 minutes and saves a lot of traffic headaches, both driving DT in general and after game. Parking is free at Mimico Station and it's usually not too busy.

2. See above.

3. Real Sports is great, and you shouldn't have any issues in terms of tables before 5pm.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Thanks in advance.

1. Just jump straight on the Gardiner.

2. Any Parking right near the ACC gets you back on the Gardiner quickly. If you are only going to the ACC and Real Sports, I'd suggest any of the lots that are on the Path. http://torontopath.com/pathmap/path-map.pdf . Leave any jackets etc. in the car, you won't have to go outside again. Lots south near Harbour street would be my suggestion, really easy to get out after the event.

3. Reservations never hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad