Confirmed with Link: Ahron Cohen named COO; Cohen, Chayka Alternate Governors

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
Barroway doesn't have the "pocket change" to spare.

You are thinking in terms of a real owner who looks at the team as something to be nurtured and developed. Barroway is tarping off seats and taking high-interest loans that will cost a buttload in a handful of years. So I really doubt he could just go out and hire a new coach and still pay the old one even if he wanted to go through that process.

He may as well sell or relocate the team then because he isn't going to make any money by providing us with a losing team, unless there is a miraclulous increase in attendance he'll continue losing a lot of it. Some times you have no choice but to spend money to make money.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Barroway has a year to get a local deal that puts the team on the path to stability and near break even territory. That's fairly obvious from the way his deal was structured. If the team moves, he wants the whole sundae. No sharing with IA clowns. He'll get a quick turnaround on his investment or he'll have a relatively stable hockey team on the cheap.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
He may as well sell or relocate the team then because he isn't going to make any money by providing us with a losing team, unless there is a miraclulous increase in attendance he'll continue losing a lot of it. Some times you have no choice but to spend money to make money.

...and that may be his endgame, if we're being blunt. We don't have an Arizona version of Vinik on our hands here. And I doubt there's a city in the metro area that hasn't looked at Glendale and said to themselves, "Hell if WE'RE gonna be the patsy this time."

This team needs a Vinik and what he's done for the Lightning. But Vinik had a much bigger bank account, much more affinity for the market, and much more patience and willingness to do the makeover correctly than anyone who has ever been involved with the Coyotes. Tampa Bay got very lucky. We don't have the same luck (viz., the past couple of generational-talent drafts).

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I believe Barroway was ok with the DT deal, but who knows. Barroway could be DT's strongest ally, we don't know.

Barroway was a major owner when they upped Tip's deal. There is no way he wasn't on the same page with IA when that went down. If he was against it and didn't support it, Tip would not have been extended. As an example, they just made Chayka an alt governor. If Barroway was going to shoot Chayka in a few weeks, he wouldn't have made him an alternate.

Bottom line is Barroway was in on the Tip/Chayka arrangement so I doubt he makes any changes to their structure or shoots either one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad