Ahren Nittel

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
This guy has come from completely off my radar screen to front and center. Coming off an injury, Nittel now has 6 points in 7 games, 5 of them being goals.

This is a huge improvement over last year, Where he had just 4 goals and 3 assists in 42 games.

I don't know much about Nittel, how good is he?

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I've liked Nittel since the OHL. Always seen a lot of upside in the guy, but he's never been able to put it together, until now it seems.

Very big, good hands, strong shot, seemed to have all the tools to be a power forward. Glad to hear he's thriving.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Hossa said:
I've liked Nittel since the OHL. Always seen a lot of upside in the guy, but he's never been able to put it together, until now it seems.

Very big, good hands, strong shot, seemed to have all the tools to be a power forward. Glad to hear he's thriving.

Yeah injuries really killed him in junior.

I've also kept a close eye on his development after the OHL simply because like you, I believe that he's got some potential.

Good to see him performing well. I remember at the end of last year, he had like an awesome week stretch with Albany.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Nittel has been a force on the power play for Albany. Playing in only 25 games he allready has 12 goals and 6 assists for 18 points.

If he wasn't injured he would have been on pace for 24 goals, 12 assists for 36 points in 50 games with 146 shots.

He is big (6`3 225), has an excellent hard shot with a quick release. That weak 2002 draft seems to be working well for NJ. Tallackson and Ryznar should turn pro next year, Nittel is on a rampage, Janssen is a good enforcer and Pikkarainen should be a future NHL pest.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Jason MacIsaac said:
Nittel has been a force on the power play for Albany. Playing in only 25 games he allready has 12 goals and 6 assists for 18 points.

If he wasn't injured he would have been on pace for 24 goals, 12 assists for 36 points in 50 games with 146 shots.

Voros was on that kind of pace too for a while... now his numbers look average.

Lets just hope Nittel isn't quite as injury prone as Foster.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
mazmin said:
Voros was on that kind of pace too for a while... now his numbers look average.

Lets just hope Nittel isn't quite as injury prone as Foster.
Voros also played with Parise and Suglobov during that stretch. Suglobov and Parise carried that line. Nittel is playing with McAmmond and Khomutov.

Voros BTW is starting to get his game back. 5 points in last 2 games.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Jason MacIsaac said:
Voros also played with Parise and Suglobov during that stretch. Suglobov and Parise carried that line. Nittel is playing with McAmmond and Khomutov.

Voros BTW is starting to get his game back. 5 points in last 2 games.

Whose Voros playing with now? Or recently?

On a line with Dean, Khomutov is probably getting lots of icetime. Is breaking out at all?

Glad to see Voros scoring again, I'm rootin' for him.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Nittel with another 2 on the PP tonight

The guy has 16 goals and 6 assists in 29 games. 12 of those goals are on the PP. This guy must have some mean shot.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Can anyone help us out with how hes doing? Is this alot to do with playing with Dean Mcammond or anything? His numbers look actually really good. Is he just coming around or what?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Eb0la11 said:
Can anyone help us out with how hes doing? Is this alot to do with playing with Dean Mcammond or anything? His numbers look actually really good. Is he just coming around or what?
No...he sits on the right circle on the PP gets the puck and puts it in 20% of the time :) The guy is a PP machine. It has little to do with playing with McAmmond.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
So does he have a nice shot? I mean hes a big player? Can he skate well and what else can he do? Any comparison to someone in the NHL? I remember the Devils had a prospect kinda like this guy before by the name of Michael Rupp and they traded him away. What do you think the Devils will do with Nittel when the NHL returns?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Eb0la11 said:
So does he have a nice shot? I mean hes a big player? Can he skate well and what else can he do? Any comparison to someone in the NHL? I remember the Devils had a prospect kinda like this guy before by the name of Michael Rupp and they traded him away. What do you think the Devils will do with Nittel when the NHL returns?
He is suppost to be big, have good mobility and speed along with an excellent shot with a quick release. His passing is getting better, his defense is poor and he isn't as physical as you would like to see a 6`3 225 pound man be. He is dangerous on the PP.

I would say he is more like raw Jason Arnott, Arnott is a natural center who can play the wing while Nittel is a natural winger who can play center. Both are big, both don't play physical near enough, both were excellent on the PP and both had excellent shots. Both are goal scorers also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad