Injury Report: Aho

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I am still really surprised he's already back on the ice but it's good news for us.

Just hope they aren't rushing him for what probably became a lost season

Aho is basically our only next level talent currently on the team. Except for Darling. :D My guess is they're taking it as slow as they possibly can. Which makes the fact that he's skating 2 days in a row a great sign.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
I'm as happy as anyone to have Aho back. The problem to be addressed is three out of the last five games Aho played someone from the opposing team took a run at him and gave him a huge hit. There has to be some type of repercussions to say to the league that you can run our best player. I mean the Toronto media would light the world on fire if someone went after Matthews for instance and there wasn't an adequate response by the Leafs. Why are we not demanding the same.

And yes I do appreciate Williams standing up for him after the big hit but is he really the guy you want to retaliate?

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I'm as happy as anyone to have Aho back. The problem to be addressed is three out of the last five games Aho played someone from the opposing team took a run at him and gave him a huge hit. There has to be some type of repercussions to say to the league that you can run our best player. I mean the Toronto media would light the world on fire if someone went after Matthews for instance and there wasn't an adequate response by the Leafs. Why are we not demanding the same.

And yes I do appreciate Williams standing up for him after the big hit but is he really the guy you want to retaliate?

I think the team as a whole showed a little more backbone in the games following the Aho hit. My hope is it was firmly reinforced that taking a run at any of our players especially Aho should have repercussions right then and there, no questions. Williams knew what was up. The kids stood around with their thumbs up their asses.

So glad Aho is back. It was either not nearly as bad as it looked, or he has Wolverine level healing powers. I'm hoping for the latter.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
taking our own runs or dropping the gloves, while soothing for our egos, won't solve the problem.

aho needs to learn how to avoid that kind of contact. he's already much better at it than skinner at 20. and unlike skinner at that age, his game didn't come with a death wish (giordano hit nonwithstanding).

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
taking our own runs or dropping the gloves, while soothing for our egos, won't solve the problem.

aho needs to learn how to avoid that kind of contact. he's already much better at it than skinner at 20. and unlike skinner at that age, his game didn't come with a death wish (giordano hit nonwithstanding).

I agree, but standing around when the best player on your team takes a high hit, leaving him rolling around wincing on the ice, should have a response. Williams stepped up, but I honestly think no one would have, had Williams not been there.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
We seem to have forgotten that McGinn attempted to take that one for the team, but Williams was in first. To characterize it as if Williams was the only one to stand up for Aho is ****ing garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
We seem to have forgotten that McGinn attempted to take that one for the team, but Williams was in first. To characterize it as if Williams was the only one to stand up for Aho is ****ing garbage.

I honestly didn't remember anyone but Williams stepping up, but watching the replay I see where McGinn lays hands on Giordano as Williams is dropping his gloves. McGinn would be the only other player I would expect to retaliate right away in that circumstance.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

Someone commented that Jordan should’ve been stripped of his letter because he did nothing, from his seat on the bench. People remember what they want to remember.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Someone commented that Jordan should’ve been stripped of his letter because he did nothing, from his seat on the bench. People remember what they want to remember.

Actually, Jordan made several cutting remarks from the bench toward gaudreau that, while causing no physical damage, will undoubtedly cause irreparable psychological harm for years to come.

#leadership

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->