Aho vs Eichel

Who’s better right now?

• Total voters

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Carolina hasn't exactly been known for their offense over the last few years either.
that is true but they are an elite chance generating team even when aho isnt on the ice. buffalo cant generate anything when eich is off. both are top-12 centers in the league to me and clearly legit 1cs but i think eichel's raw scoring is a bit misleading.

looking at cumulative 16-19 stats for while a player was with a team, ROR had 4th line level scoring rate 5v5 in buffalo and now has a 1st line rate in STL. evander kane had a 2nd line rate in buffalo and has a good 1st line rate in SJ. despite all of this eichel has a 1st line rate in that span in buffalo despite a weak 16-17. and this season alone despite still being in buffalo he has the highest primary scoring rate out of himself and the 2 guys who left buffalo.

Reactions: JFG and Snippit

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Eichel is one of those guys that *should* be better, but it's hard to argue against Aho here.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
that is true but they are an elite chance generating team even when aho isnt on the ice. buffalo cant generate anything when eich is off. both are top-12 centers in the league to me and clearly legit 1cs but i think eichel's raw scoring is a bit misleading.

looking at cumulative 16-19 stats for while a player was with a team, ROR had 4th line level scoring rate 5v5 in buffalo and now has a 1st line rate in STL. evander kane had a 2nd line rate in buffalo and has a good 1st line rate in SJ. despite all of this eichel has a 1st line rate in that span in buffalo despite a weak 16-17. and this season alone despite still being in buffalo he has the highest primary scoring rate out of himself and the 2 guys who left buffalo.

They had a good thing going this season for sure but Aho was pretty easily the #1 guy in offense for Carolina, Aho had 30 points more than 3rd on the team.

Then you look at Buffalo who added Skinner this year who scored 40 goals/63 points, and Dahlin of course.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Aho's good, but Eichel easily.

Eichel's one of the best players in the league but has been unlucky with being drafted by a terrible organization. Although, they also drafted Dahlin, so I think changes are coming and they'll be a playoff team within a season or two.

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
Aho's good, but Eichel easily.

Eichel's one of the best players in the league but has been unlucky with being drafted by a terrible organization. Although, they also drafted Dahlin, so I think changes are coming and they'll be a playoff team within a season or two.
Easily? Aho just had a better season on a not so great team either. Just like Eichel on BUF Carolina leans on him heavily and his their main guy.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Easily? Aho just had a better season on a not so great team either. Just like Eichel on BUF Carolina leans on him heavily and his their main guy.
not so great team but managed to make the playoffs while the Sabres haven't finshed better than 8th last since forever....just beat the Caps 5-0 in the playoffs...must be a sub par team like the Sabres.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Aho lead the canes to the playoffs while being by far the best player on that team. Aho is better right now.

Both teams have been a laughing stock in recent history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad