Aho 1 point in 6 games, time to worry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navx94

Sponsor
Jan 17, 2019
Considering that Draisaitl looks to be better than McD right now, probably not.

Drai could win major personal awards this year if he keeps this up.

I’m just going off that one poll I made this off season where some people were disgusted with oilers fans for even mentioning Draisaitl in the same sentence as the great aho.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I don’t see how OP came to the conclusion that 0 points is more accurate then 1 since it wasn’t an empty net goal. Those are actually not easy, considering a team is trying everything to prevent you from doing that, you have a ton of pressure on you to put the game away in that instant and for something that “seems so easy” from a fans point of view. I get his point but it’s definitely not closer to zero then it is to one, since ya know it’s a point.

Surprising, and their doing this well without him scoring, pretty good sign that the hurricanes are for real now as a GOOD team imo. I think their owner is a tool and wasn’t confident in their goalies so I didn’t know for sure but they seem legit.

As for aho, nah guy is too talented. Unless he was only in it for the money and now doesent care. Sometimes you just never know.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I’m just going off that one poll I made this off season where some people were disgusted with oilers fans for even mentioning Draisaitl in the same sentence as the great aho.

Can people just stop on the draisaitl train. He’s an extremely hard player to compare to everyone else because he’s in a way different situation then everyone else. Most these guys are asked to drive the offense on their entire teams and draisaitl plays with the best player in them world. He has proven he can do it on his own and is elite but this whole comparing thing is near impossible because we don’t know how he would be doing in the others place nor do know how well aho would be with mcdavid.

Reactions: Svechhammer

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
He’s working his ass off and creating a ton of chances for his line mates. Literally not a single Canes fan is worried and I doubt anyone in the org is as well. Not that it needed to be said but what I stupid f***ing thread

Reactions: Helsinki Hurricanes

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The time to worry would be like middle of next season...

GoCanes2015

Oct 14, 2017
He was probably top 2 guys on the ice last night, not counting Mrazek. Edmundson played a great game, too. But Aho had a great all around game, just needs to get the goals going, he'll be fine. And if the Canes are winning like this until he (and Nino, and Staal) figures it out, we'll take it.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
He was probably top 2 guys on the ice last night, not counting Mrazek. Edmundson played a great game, too. But Aho had a great all around game, just needs to get the goals going, he'll be fine. And if the Canes are winning like this until he (and Nino, and Staal) figures it out, we'll take it.

Yeah, Aho, Nino, and Staal haven't shown up much on the scoresheet but they're playing their asses off and create tons of chances for their linemates and taking on heavy minutes so others have favorable matchups to feast on. It sounds like real first world problems but it's the 4th line that's been underwhelming and inconsistent. So... like just watch out once they get going.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Kind of off topic but the Hurricanes shoot for tips more than any team I've ever seen and Aho is absolutely one of the best at it. They send cutters like an NBA team. In a league where teams are all trying to stop the big blast from the point, the Canes misdirect to their benefit constantly and by extension keep possession up due to their skating and movement.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Can people just stop on the draisaitl train. He’s an extremely hard player to compare to everyone else because he’s in a way different situation then everyone else. Most these guys are asked to drive the offense on their entire teams and draisaitl plays with the best player in them world. He has proven he can do it on his own and is elite but this whole comparing thing is near impossible because we don’t know how he would be doing in the others place nor do know how well aho would be with mcdavid.

He got traded to Tampa and it didn't make any news... Strange.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Yeah, Aho, Nino, and Staal haven't shown up much on the scoresheet but they're playing their asses off and create tons of chances for their linemates and taking on heavy minutes so others have favorable matchups to feast on. It sounds like real first world problems but it's the 4th line that's been underwhelming and inconsistent. So... like just watch out once they get going.
Yeah, there's a reason the fancy stats are showing that Aho is leading the team. He's dominating play when he's out there and doing literally everything but finding the back of the net. Once he breaks that dam, everything will even out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad