Aho 1 point in 6 games, time to worry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Marner is a PPG and has a couple goals though so not really lol...

That kind of masks the reality of things though.

He's had zero points 5-on-5. 4 points on a very loaded PP; 1 point on a 6-on-5 advantage situation; 1 point on a 4-on-4 situation.

He's the main distributor on a very loaded PP that includes Tavares, Matthews, and Reilly. If Nylander were there instead of Marner, he'd get most of those points instead.

Just saying that Marner has had a disappointing start to this season.

I'm confident that he'll hit his stride and be excellent again.

Even more confident that Aho will get back into the groove of things.

Reactions: Kallio

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
oooof, tell us about it lol. You probably deal tatar and maybe another young forward for a good, left PMD, CH has been dying for
Why not simply l'offer hostile Turbo?

Okay okay... not really funny...

[I'm a closet Habs fan but don't tell anyone. I'll out when they win the Cup.]

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.

He's had zero points 5-on-5. 4 points on a very loaded PP; 1 point on a 6-on-5 advantage situation; 1 point on a 4-on-4 situation.

He's the main distributor on a very loaded PP that includes Tavares, Matthews, and Reilly. If Nylander were there instead of Marner, he'd get most of those points instead.

There's a thing said about Elvis that in a way can be applied to Babcock, assuming some creative license.

Marner is a bit enigmatic though. Maybe not intentionally. But he's better than his 'placement in "the core"' says. Remember the bad old days when Nylander was the only shiny toy in the box? Top prospect, center upside, future Captain even? Then lottery happens and the frenetic media is all over Matthews. Then stuff happens and Tavares comes home to sleep in maply bedsheets. Sometimes wonder what that does to one's psyche. Certainly the lot of them are paid rather well to do their darn job and all that jazz, but they're still people, and when you have people you have some unexpected fragility in the mix. -- I guess I should just up and ask Marner, this is going nowhere.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Canes are about to have a bit of a long road trip starting tomorrow, with the next home game on the 26th. Wouldn't be shocked if he breaks out during this trip, away from the pressures of trying to prove it coming off that offer sheet at home.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
he has 1c upside. matchng him (Teravainen) was a joke, he's signed already
We can buy him out. We bought out Marleau, and he's been outscoring Turbo this season.

No wait he'd be UFA then and can't be lofferhostile'd. Good that we got that knack in time.

phillydownsouth

Giroux is your daddy
Sep 18, 2019
ha no. Kids a beast. Just a slow start to a long season ahead.

Flyers will gladly take him if the Canes want to ship him off and retain salary

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
What would you say to
Turbo + Aho
for
some picks and good prospects coming back

would be something like a haiku with bad endings
in these parts
alas, not Toronto Metropolitan Area

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
He was overrated last season, a lot of his underlying metrics (poor 5v5 production, defensive game, PDO) really stood out to me to be wary about ranking him as a top 20 center (I don't think he's one). However, he's at the top of the Canes forwards with Teravainen among CF% and xgf%, something neither player accomplished last year. It's still really early to make conclusions, but to me Aho is somewhere in the middle. He's not a perennial 80 pt center but he's better than what he's shown so far and his high xgf% rate should mean he should start producing soon enough.

Personally I think he finishes the season around 67-70 pts.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He was a one hit wonder. Because he played one good season, finnish posters on HF board hyped him like he was a three headed Crosby.

Carolina made the mistake to pay him big time. He is not worth the money and never will be. I honestly think they should trade him as long as some other GMs think he only had a slow start.

I will give anyone that quotes this after the season ends a free beer if Aho will have more than 20 points at the end of the season.

I would even bet on Haula having more goals than Aho has points at the end of the season.

Haula deserves his 1C spot. Or at least make Staal 1C and Haula 2C.

And no, this is no trolling. I'm absolutely honest about it.
Muskoka Twice as Mad please.

SG1990

Apr 11, 2019

I've watched all the games as well... I don't think you can just assume that if Nylander was put on PP1 he would have produced the same as Marner. I'm not someone that looks at 5v5 points like they're more important than PP Points. I'm also not sure how you don't take 2 goals, 4 assists over 1 empty net goal. Seems to me people are still upset about the contract and just want something to complain about only 6 games into the season.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I always thought he was a bit overrated tbh. A perennial 60+ pt C, but not the superstar some around here are claiming him to be. But that's just my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->