Aho 1 point in 6 games, time to worry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
He was a one hit wonder. Because he played one good season, finnish posters on HF board hyped him like he was a three headed Crosby.

Carolina made the mistake to pay him big time. He is not worth the money and never will be. I honestly think they should trade him as long as some other GMs think he only had a slow start.

I will give anyone that quotes this after the season ends a free beer if Aho will have more than 20 points at the end of the season.

I would even bet on Haula having more goals than Aho has points at the end of the season.

Haula deserves his 1C spot. Or at least make Staal 1C and Haula 2C.

And no, this is no trolling. I'm absolutely honest about it.

I'm sad that i'll probably forget by end of season and not get my beer

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
He was a one hit wonder. Because he played one good season, finnish posters on HF board hyped him like he was a three headed Crosby.

Carolina made the mistake to pay him big time. He is not worth the money and never will be. I honestly think they should trade him as long as some other GMs think he only had a slow start.

I will give anyone that quotes this after the season ends a free beer if Aho will have more than 20 points at the end of the season.

I would even bet on Haula having more goals than Aho has points at the end of the season.

20!? You’re going to be buying some beers.

Reactions: Stubu

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Never tell me the odds.
It's not fair to lean into the wind when you tell me that.

(And your avy wasn't that great in the movie either. Hah! If you'd only seen Shirley MacLaine in Irma la Douce, or whatshisface in Kickboxer)

"Give me the wind on my back, for I intend to go in harms way!" - skipper John Paul Jones

A bit of rambling but Czecho nation understands.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Didnt Aho have the very same slow start last year but recovered to have a great season as everyone anticipated he would (considering the shots he was getting).

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
- Aho -
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Armia
- Domi -
- Danault -

That's a beaut down the center. But where do you place Gallagher, Tatar and co.?
oooof, tell us about it lol. You probably deal tatar and maybe another young forward for a good, left PMD, CH has been dying for

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
The 1 point was a freebie as well (empty net goal) so really 0 points in 6 games is more accurate. Finished tonight with a -2 and ultimately caused the hurricanes to lose. Hard to see Carolina making a deep playoff push when 14 point pace Aho is their "star" player. He's looking like 2018-2019 Laine and that was not a beautiful sight to behold.
I hope the guy in my pool that has him is thinking like this and trades him to me.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Doesn't surprise me. Aho and his dad spent all off-season trying to engineer a trade of Pulju to Carolina he probably took the off-season lightly in terms of actually training.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Pettersson just 2 points in 4 games, played awesome during preseason. Looks shut down.

Bo Horvat (although not in the offensive level of Aho) 1 assist only.

probably a slow start.

Grandpa

Jul 27, 2019
And that's Bergevin playing big balls 4-D Battleship games with Carolina. Lure one season wonder to sign seemingly cheap-ish offer sheet and force up-and-coming franchise into a cap purgatory. It's not always about improving your own team, true leaders also focus on making everyone around them worse.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
And that's Bergevin playing big balls 4-D Battleship games with Carolina. Lure one season wonder to sign seemingly cheap-ish offer sheet and force up-and-coming franchise into a cap purgatory. It's not always about improving your own team, true leaders also focus on making everyone around them worse.

Yep, Carolina certainly looks bad this year with their...*checks* 1st in the conference placement.

Also, I’m quoting this for my free beer.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Is that a 3-D Battleship game where the ships also move a square after each turn?

What a wicked game to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad